Question Ryzen 3000 / X570 Memory Options

Jul 3, 2019
Will I be able to get away with a 64gb (4x16gb) set at 3200 or am I being too greedy???
Would CAS make any difference at all, in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-memory-recommendations-asrock,39756.html

"recommends you only populate up to two memory slots if you aim for DDR4-3200. It doesn't matter if you use single-rank or dual-rank DDR4-3200 memory kits. However, things start to get complicated when you start filling all four memory slots. When all four memory slots are populated with single-rank memory modules, the official memory speed drops to DDR4-2933. And if you use a combination of single-rank and dual-rank memory modules, your best best is DDR4-2667 with a four-DIMM configuration. "

However if you win the silicon lottery using 4 slots they were able to get DDR4-3466 .

CAS always matter but I myself am unsure what kind of results I'll personally get with the Dual Ram kit I got for my incoming x570s but I made sure it was a Dual not a Quad Kit because thats what I've read it being a Dual channel. Ive been using Dram Calculator and http://looncraz.net/Zen2Calc.html to help me get approximate calculations but of course this all means nothing Till I have the actual mobo/cpu to try them out. I hope to achieve something crazy like 3733 cl 14 because thats apparently the sweet spot but if i can do that with the super low CL it would be fantastic. I say CAS matters because Ive also read due to the infinity fabric CAS plays a much bigger role in AMD cpus than Intels due to the infinity design. So people with AMD has a more balance to maintain than people with Intel 9900k pushing 4000mhz+ at cl 18-19.

Will I be able to get away with a 64gb (4x16gb) set at 3200 or am I being too greedy???
Would CAS make any difference at all, in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rancy C Tamblin
Jul 3, 2019
You guys all rock, thankyou so much, Im likely going with a 3900X and 4x16G 3200GHZ and saying EFF IT! YEEEEHAWW!

I went into this wanting to build myself the megazord I never had as a kid.

As a wise man once said,
'If you go half way, its not really a megazord anymore. Loser.' 🤖

Jul 3, 2019
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-memory-recommendations-asrock,39756.html

"recommends you only populate up to two memory slots if you aim for DDR4-3200. It doesn't matter if you use single-rank or dual-rank DDR4-3200 memory kits. However, things start to get complicated when you start filling all four memory slots. When all four memory slots are populated with single-rank memory modules, the official memory speed drops to DDR4-2933. And if you use a combination of single-rank and dual-rank memory modules, your best best is DDR4-2667 with a four-DIMM configuration. "

However if you win the silicon lottery using 4 slots they were able to get DDR4-3466 .

CAS always matter but I myself am unsure what kind of results I'll personally get with the Dual Ram kit I got for my incoming x570s but I made sure it was a Dual not a Quad Kit because thats what I've read it being a Dual channel. Ive been using Dram Calculator and http://looncraz.net/Zen2Calc.html to help me get approximate calculations but of course this all means nothing Till I have the actual mobo/cpu to try them out. I hope to achieve something crazy like 3733 cl 14 because thats apparently the sweet spot but if i can do that with the super low CL it would be fantastic. I say CAS matters because Ive also read due to the infinity fabric CAS plays a much bigger role in AMD cpus than Intels due to the infinity design. So people with AMD has a more balance to maintain than people with Intel 9900k pushing 4000mhz+ at cl 18-19.

Thanks a TON, you hit the nail on the head with everything, part of the reason I wanna go the 3200 route (as opposed to 3k or 2933) is because I figured it would be the easiest overclock up to the aforementioned 3466.

Could be getting in WAY over my head though... If I am I can always come back here 😏

TRENDING THREADS