[SOLVED] Ryzen 3200g fps is slow

Dec 27, 2021
Im a sort of newbie to pc building and i built a pc including the 3200g apu. I chose it because it fit my budget and i saw videos showing it running lower demanding games pretty smoothly at low to medium settings. For example, i saw alot of videos of it running minecraft at around 120-150 fps, but when i run it on my computer, it can be sorta laggy and runs minecfaft at an average of around 70 fps. It also sometimes takes a few minutes just to launch minecraft which can be very annoying. I have 2 8g sticks of ram equaling 16 gb total so i don't think ram is the problem. Could anyone help me out?

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: Vega 8 integrated graphics
Motherboard: Steel Legend b450m
SSD: Kingston 480gb
PSU: Thermaltake smart RGB 500W

Last edited:
Solution
Make sure your DIMMs are in the correct slots for dual-channel operation and setup to the correct speed. High dual-channel memory bandwidth is critical for decent IGP performance and low latency also helps the CPU weave its own data needs into the mix. Make sure whatever RAM you got is running as fast as it is supposed to. If your RAM is significantly slower than 3000-16, that would be a good chunk of your problem.
Im a sort of newbie to pc building and i built a pc including the 3200g apu. I chose it because it fit my budget and i saw videos showing it running lower demanding games pretty smoothly at low to medium settings. For example, i saw alot of videos of it running minecraft at around 120-150 fps, but when i run it on my computer, it can be sorta laggy and runs minecfaft at an average of around 70 fps. It also sometimes takes a few minutes just to launch minecraft which can be very annoying. I have 2 8g sticks of ram equaling 16 gb total so i don't think ram is the problem. Could anyone help me out?

CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: Vega 8 integrated graphics
Motherboard: Steel Legend b450m
SSD: Kingston 480gb
PSU: Thermaltake smart RGB 500W
What is your RAM speed ?

InvalidError

Titan
Make sure your DIMMs are in the correct slots for dual-channel operation and setup to the correct speed. High dual-channel memory bandwidth is critical for decent IGP performance and low latency also helps the CPU weave its own data needs into the mix. Make sure whatever RAM you got is running as fast as it is supposed to. If your RAM is significantly slower than 3000-16, that would be a good chunk of your problem.

Reactions: rcald2000
Solution
Hello JustJoshin04. According to page 28 of your B450M Steel Legend's user manual, the RAM should be installed in slots A2 and B2; please confirm. Also please state your memory's speed specification or model number. According to AMD's spec page, the CPU supports RAM speeds up to 2933MHz, which should automatically set once you enable XMP. Please confim that XMP is enabled in your BIOS, as well as the speed you see it set to.

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M Steel Legend.pdf

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-3-3200g

Addendum: In addition to stating your RAM's mfg and model, could you also confirm whether or not you purchased those two sticks in a single kit, or did you purchase them individually? That's important to know when talking about RAM for an AMD Ryzen build.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS