Question Ryzen 3200g high ghz?

Jan 21, 2023
Hello. So i installed Ryzen Master and after i used for like 20 sec a profile with 4000 mhz(yes i got 3.95ghz) i just resetted the profile and restart the pc and uninstall ryzen master and restart the pc again and i seen my ghz was 1.99 ghz lowest, and 3.85 ghz maximum and ok but my pc never had like that much ghz maximum 3.81. Sorry for my english but i don't know if it is normal or not can someone help me? I've had Core Perfomance Boost on for like a year or so and now i see he is going to 3900mhz, after i turned off i had normal ghz 3600 max
I don't know if this is normal please help me
pHXWAeZ.png
JEuPJ6J.png

Your processor is specc'd to operate up to 4.0Ghz with 3.6Ghz as it's base clock. Ryzen uses an opportunistic boost algorithm, which means it will boost a core up to it's 4.0Ghz maximum when opportunity permits. The opportunity is generally when temperature is low, there's sufficient power delivery from the VRM and the workload is light and bursty on a single thread or core.

What you're seeing seems normal as it's boosting cores up to 4ghz (3.992Ghz) (look in the maximum column). If you run it at a continuous extremely heavy processing load it may drop to as low as 3.6Ghz if cooling is poor. Most people chase low CPU temperatures so they don't have coolers bad enough for it to settle in that low.

But it's also running cores at different intermediate clocks based on instantaneous process load, temperature, etc. which is constantly changing. And further, when there is NOTHING to run on a core it will put the core it into one of the low-power modes and you'll see really low clocks in the Minimum column of HWInfo, like the 1.343Ghz.

TL/DR: yes, what you're seeing is normal boost behavior.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023
Yeah but it's using high ghz on nothing. this is normal also?? i have only discord and spotify and screen share on discord and my proccesor before using ryzen master had 3.81 maximum ghz now it jumps to 3.83-85 or so this is also normal?
u2J1XJk.png

TRENDING THREADS