[SOLVED] Ryzen 3200g + mbu ASRock 450M Pro4 for 110eur

abecedni.k

Commendable
Jul 15, 2018
Ryzen 3200g + mbo ASRock 450M Pro4 for 110 eur.
I currently have this setup https://prnt.sc/vagztq
And it bottlenecks my gpu very hard.
Do you this would help decrease bottleneck?
I don´t think it would completely solve bottleneck but still much better than G4600.
And later I could maybe buy new ryzen cpu.

Solution
Is there some special price on a bundle that allows you to get the 3200G AND the B450m Pro4 BOTH, for 110 Euro, or was that just the price of the motherboard you had listed?

If bang for the buck is the biggest consideration, then this or something similar is probably your best option. This would give you better performance than my i7-6700k, which I currently am using with my RTX 2060 Super, and it works just fine really. So, your bottleneck would probably be no more.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€90.89 @ Alza)
Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (€95.70 @ Computeruniverse)
Total: €186.59
Prices include shipping...
It would help somewhat in anything that is pretty well optimized for multithreaded performance, but anything that is primarily single core optimized isn't going to see much of an improvement at all. You're really only gaining about one core overall if you consider that the single core performance between those two parts is about the same, and the two hyperthreads on the Pentium just about add up to one of the extra cores on the Ryzen APU.

What country are you actually in and are you able to purchase online or are you limited to local shops? What resolution and refresh rate is your monitor?

Is there some special price on a bundle that allows you to get the 3200G AND the B450m Pro4 BOTH, for 110 Euro, or was that just the price of the motherboard you had listed?

If bang for the buck is the biggest consideration, then this or something similar is probably your best option. This would give you better performance than my i7-6700k, which I currently am using with my RTX 2060 Super, and it works just fine really. So, your bottleneck would probably be no more.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-10100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€90.89 @ Alza)
Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (€95.70 @ Computeruniverse)
Total: €186.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-31 02:33 CET+0100

However, I REALLY think you could probably eliminate at least some of your lack of performance by adding another 8GB of identical memory to what you have now so that you are operating in dual channel, rather than single channel, because I guarantee you are taking a noticeable performance hit with a single 8GB module running in single channel. I'd probably recommend doing THAT first, or replacing it with a matched set of DIMMs, since there are no guarantees when adding memory that they will play nice together although the probability that they will is very high with 2666mhz and lower speed kits, unlike many of the higher speed kits.

Certainly you are in need of an upgrade at CPU for sure, but your memory configuration is a problem as well and you are leaving some performance on the table that could probably be regained with a rather minimal investment if you can get an identical module to pair up with your existing one.

Solution