Jul 22, 2020
hi i just build my own pc last week.

here is the spec
ryzen 3300x
b450 tomahawk max
2x8 team delta 3000mhz
case phantek p300 2 front intake 1 top out 1 back out
rtx 2060 zotac amp

im new to ryzen and curious about the temp so i monitor it using ryzen master and i got 42 to 45C on idle and more than 70C nearly 80C on gaming. also when idle sometimes the temp jump to 50-55C even though im doing nothing other than opening ryzen master

are this temp normal? or im doing something wrong with my build or on the bios setup? havent change anything on bios except xmp profile 1 set on.

Solution
As WIndows keeps numerous tasks/apps running for a fraction of a second each here and there, what you consider 'idle' rarely truly is, as a quick glance at task manager will prove as evidenced with numerous apps/services/updates starting and stopping every second or so, with clock speeds quickly elevating to accomplish this. Result- fluctuating temps in lock-step with the load/clock speed and core voltages....

70-80C temps under load would be normal for a factory cooler...
As WIndows keeps numerous tasks/apps running for a fraction of a second each here and there, what you consider 'idle' rarely truly is, as a quick glance at task manager will prove as evidenced with numerous apps/services/updates starting and stopping every second or so, with clock speeds quickly elevating to accomplish this. Result- fluctuating temps in lock-step with the load/clock speed and core voltages....

Solution

Artifact00

Prominent
Jul 22, 2020

yes im using the stock cooler that come along with 3300x. so 70 to 80 are normal. when do i start worrying about the temp? 85?