[SOLVED] Ryzen 3300x with ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0

shi.rx

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
Im buying this system completely new and when i put these parts together in pcpartpicker it says i may need a bios flash and to do this it may need a cpu that is supported by older versions which i do not have

If anyone knows will i be able to flash the bios with the cpu in it and if not are there any motherboards ready for the ryzen 3300x?

Solution
You will not be able to flash the BIOS (to ver. P3.70) on that board with the 3300X in it. And I can pretty confidently guarantee that you won't get one with BIOS version P3.70 already installed on it unless it's from a store that will do a BIOS update as a service.

Wait till mid-June for a B550 mobo.

This is the major downside to supporting CPUs for so many mobo generations. When very few (so far) support BIOS Flashback (update BIOS without any CPU installed), and you refuse to release a full lineup of new boards for each CPU generation, it creates headaches.
You will not be able to flash the BIOS (to ver. P3.70) on that board with the 3300X in it. And I can pretty confidently guarantee that you won't get one with BIOS version P3.70 already installed on it unless it's from a store that will do a BIOS update as a service.

Wait till mid-June for a B550 mobo.

This is the major downside to supporting CPUs for so many mobo generations. When very few (so far) support BIOS Flashback (update BIOS without any CPU installed), and you refuse to release a full lineup of new boards for each CPU generation, it creates headaches.

Solution