Question Ryzen 3400G - Getting VGA ONLY

Sep 24, 2019
Hi All. Lots of details below. No Help from reddit yet. Please help guys!!!

EDIT: MORE DETAILED TROUBLE SHOOT INFO:
Computer Type: DESKTOP
GPU: RYZEN 3400G APU
CPU: RYZEN 5 3400G CPU
Motherboard: asrock a320-hdv
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
PSU: Antec 500w
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10
GPU Drivers: Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 [updated 9/24/19]
Chipset Drivers:
Background Applications: OCCURS WITH NO APPS RUNNING
Description of Original Problem: VGA OUT ONLY (NO HDMI OR DVI function) – Need Dual Monitor
Link to BIOS and DRIVERS: View: https://imgur.com/gallery/PekzowN

Troubleshooting:
  1. HDMI cable was pulled from another functional setup. Neither monitor is receiving an HDMI signal. VGA only.
  2. UPDATE 7/26: Per discussion with ASROCK tech support, based on my testing (proven functional cables, updated drivers, correct settings in bios, no discreet gfx card, startup with hdmi only) they think that the HDMI port may be defective. Discussing a return with newegg. Will update
  3. Update 7/31 - HELP Received new mobo, rebuilt. Tested on THREE Different Monitors with proven functional HDMI cable AND a DVI cable. Still, only video output that I can get is VGA!!! Messaged AMD as I have all but ruled out the Mobo.
  4. I have a new 3400g on the way. I had hard cleaned to gfx software with DDU and DL'd the latest amd gfx drivers still no luck. NOTE: I realized that when i unplug the HDMI cable from the comp, monitor prep for sleep mode. When I plug HDMI back in, monitor seems to "notice" or "react" for a moment and then switch to "power save mode" not "sleep". Is that a clue?

Sep 24, 2019
is this a new build? return the mobo and get a 400 series board.
This is a 3 month old build. I'm a super noob builder. Was trying to make a budget office PC (with some limited GFX power). With combos and parts I had, I did this for $350 (That RAM though...)

Anyway, latest updates:
  • ASROCK is willing to send me a 3rd MOBO. - going to try to get an upgraded.
  • BIOS update P3.30 goes to black screen so I had to go back to P2.30.
  • I have a Replacement CPU on its way from newegg. Will try this first at it's the easiest.

In the interim, all feedback welcome. I think there is definitely something to the fact that HDMI/Display Port are the only "supported" Video Outputs but VGA Defualt Monitor Plug n' Play is the only thing that works. I'm just too ignorant to read between the lines on this front.