• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Build Advice Ryzen 3400g with Dual Monitor build advice

Nov 3, 2019
I have a Windows 7 PC which I'm looking to replace before the end of the year and, after reading reviews and benchmarks, I am leaning towards using a Ryzen 3400g as the basis of my new build. However, I use two screens (a 1080p monitor and a 1080p TV) because I use the PC for both general use and as a media centre (often simultaneously). Whilst doing my research, I've found a few mentions of some AM4 motherboards not fully supporting the APUs generally or dual monitors specifically. It would be a huge help if anyone could recommend a motherboard for my system.

What I currently have pencilled in:
CPU: Ryzen 3400g
Motherboard: ?
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair (as fast as the motherboard can reliably handle, within reason)
Storage: Samsung 1TB 860 Evo SATA SSD + Hard drives from my current PC
PSU: Corsair HX 520w from my current PC
Case: Antec P182 tower from my current PC

One thing which you might want to know are that I will use the computer as a TV recorder, which means that it will always be on and it will be in my living room. Ideally there would be no fans on the motherboard, and be cool and stable through continuous use. With it being in a tower case, I'd also prefer it to be a full ATX size although that's not necessarily a deal-breaker.

And of course I'd be grateful for any other advice you could offer regarding my build.

Thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS