Question Ryzen 3600 6 core - 3 cores are always asleep

Feb 4, 2020
3 cores of my 6 core processor are always asleep, not just staring at it on my desktop doing nothing. It happens even if i play games or anything else cpu heavy. Could it be related to the precision boost overdrive in ryzen master or some other bios settings? Thank you fro any response.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What are your current system's specs? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update.

We will also need to know what games you've taxed the system with to rule out a badly written game or a glitch with the game's engine.

Reactions: RodroX
Feb 4, 2020
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
RAM: HYPERX Predator 3333 mhz 2x8
GPU: GTX 960 4GB
SSD: ADATA SP550
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Chassis: I apologizeif if dont understand what this means, i am new to here so i will add up if needed :D

I am not completely sure about the bios updates. If i go to the drivers of my motherboard on msi website, there are drivers for chipsets and such i dont completely understand how to work with, so if you could give me advice i will be more than interested to learn. Thank you very much.

I have played CS:GO, Rainbow Six: Siege, Forza Horizon 4, Escape from Tarkov, League of Legends - everytime i was playing, 3 cores were asleep, ran benchmark in rise of the tomb raider and did the same.

Last edited: