Discussion Ryzen 3600 ASRock AB350 Pro 4

So just wanted to let everyone know in case anyone else decides to do this upgrade. I was able to update my ASRock AB350 Pro 4 and installed a Ryzen 5 3600. You must have at least bios version 5.8 loaded. I believe I'm now on bios version 6.2. Just really got things running again. Will let you know if any issues. But so all is well. Highest temp I've seen thus far is 69 on the CPU. The cooler is a Wraith Prism. But keep in mind this is with a new application of Arctic Silver 5. So as the Arctic Silver cures and bakes, I think temps will drop more.

To give an idea of performance, stock vs stock, it's a little faster in Cinebench R20 than my 1700x in multi core workloads. Haven't run all the single core tests or anything yet.

As I'm messing with this, I'm noticing that at least according to hwmonitor, I'm getting max temps of 73. Didn't used to get that high on the 1700x. I think overclocked the 1700x would stay at 66 to 69. But usually not over 70. Will consult core temp also. Maybe my Arctic Silver 5 needs to finish curing.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020
may i ask, i am running a Ryzen 7 1700 in a AsRock AB350 Pro4, is it safe for me to go flash my bios to 6.2 bios version ? thanks in advanced.
Having some recurring problems with my 1700, random reboots in game.

may i ask, i am running a Ryzen 7 1700 in a AsRock AB350 Pro4, is it safe for me to go flash my bios to 6.2 bios version ? thanks in advanced.
Having some recurring problems with my 1700, random reboots in game.
Rule of the thimb is to update BIOS just to last one that supports the particular processor, rest is on your risk. I say risk as most Ryzen systems don't allow for easy bios downgrade once AGESA code is changed,