Question RYZEN 3600 + ASROCK B450M STEEL LEGEND: Undervolt on BIOS (CTR)

Nov 19, 2020
Hi guys! What is going on? It is my first time here. I hope you can help me:

I used Clock-Tuner Program getting the following DIAGNOSTIC and RESULTS:

Code:
Diagnostic results
Max temperature: 56.4°
Energy efficient: 3.66
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Your CPU is SILVER SAMPLE
Recomended values for Overclocking:
Reference frequency: 4250 MHz
Reference voltage: 1250 mV
Recomended values for Undervolt:
Reference frequency: 4125 MHz
Reference voltage: 1175 mV
Code:
Calculation of penalties for the final profile:
18:33:29: CCX1 (127): 4250 MHz, 1250 mV  OC=
18:33:29: CCX2 (116): 4275 MHz, 1250 mV  OC=
Cinebench 20 started
Cinebench 20 finished with result: 3771
Voltage: 1.25 V  PPT: 64.1 W  Temperature: 64.2°

profile 1: OC

Profile 2: Undervolt

Here the parameters:

Now I want to add these parameters to my BIOS and I did it like this:

1- I've set CPU Frequency and VID Change in MANUAL and I put the CTR parameters: FREQUENCY = 4125Mhz & VID= 1,175

2- CPU LLCalibration = from "AUTO" to LEVEL 2 (I have changed it for Clock Tuner) - I have doubts if I have to change something in CPU vCORE voltage, I think I don't.

3- This is where I have more doubts: It is like I have to put the same parameters did I did in the first step (first picture). So I am not sure if I have to modify them or not...I put the same parameters that Clock Tuner gave me for Undelvolt:

I start Computer and Ryzen works in the correct way that I expected: It is undelvolted: Voltage in constant of 1.175 and temperature decreased from stock. It is now between 38º and 44º with more stability.

The question is: Is my BIOS OK? I guess, I have the doubt if The picture 1 and 3 are the same thing and I have to put CPU Frequency and VID Change in AUTO or, on the reverse, I have not changing anything in the Picture 3.

Thanks a lot!

Lutfij

Titan
You're currently on version 2.90 for your BIOS, while the latest version is 3.60. I'd advise on updating the BIOS gradually to the latest and then try with the undervolts. I think you're good as is, those voltages and temps seem good.

Reactions: zznone
Nov 19, 2020
Hi @Lutfij and thank u for your quick reply!

Just for curisoity...How do you know I am curretnly on v 2.9 of bios? You're right. It is just for curisitoy. xD

When my Computer is working well I am not fan of update my BIOS (you know, there is a little a risk that things can get worse). How must I update the BIOS? Directly from 2.90 to 3.30 or must I install also 3.20 like this : 2.90 > 3.20 > 3.30??

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: LOL! Meanwhile I was writting this post ASROCK has lauched new bios:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/index.la.asp#BIOS

Focused on new ryzen 5000. Is is recommended updating to the latest version now 3.60?
thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2021
Hi @Lutfij and thank u for your quick reply!

Just for curisoity...How do you know I am curretnly on v 2.9 of bios? You're right. It is just for curisitoy. xD

When my Computer is working well I am not fan of update my BIOS (you know, there is a little a risk that things can get worse). How must I update the BIOS? Directly from 2.90 to 3.30 or must I install also 3.20 like this : 2.90 > 3.20 > 3.30??

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: LOL! Meanwhile I was writting this post ASROCK has lauched new bios:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/index.la.asp#BIOS

Focused on new ryzen 5000. Is is recommended updating to the latest version now 3.60?
thanks!
Bcoz Bios version 3.60 has a different UI.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS