[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 Chrome and Opera tab freeze when displya turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerdurnon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
I upgraded from Ryzen 5 1600 to Ryzen 3600.My System : Asus B450 Prime Plus , Ryzen 5 3600, 2*8GB Kingstone Hyper X Predator 2600Mhz, NVME SSD , hdd, Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB.Chrome and Opera browser active open tab freeze when windows turns off the display (LG 24).Firefox not freezing.I tried everything, turning off hardware acceleration for Chrome, reinstall whole system , update BIOS , installed all drivers , but nothing helps.Ran memory test (windows 10 diagnostic), Cinebench, Prime 96, everything ok.When i opened the cpu from box it jumped out... One leg not sure is straight fully but i m not sure about it they are so little, maybe it is not damaged, but it fits to socket.The other i installed propably the RAM wrong becuase i needed to remove to get picture.Computer booted but no picture.I hope i not damged something, anyway tests are good.Sorry for my bad english.I hope someone can help.

Last edited:
Solution
oh I see, it fell out of the box it came in, I couldn't understand how CPU fell out of the PC.

You can extend the period before screen turns off, I set mine to never

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here...

Colif

Win 11 Master
why is windows turning off display? Going into sleep? Screensaver?
if so, likely a driver problem

newest GPU drivers?

When i opened the cpu from box it jumped out... One leg not sure is straight fully but i m not sure about it they are so little, maybe it is not damaged, but it fits to socket.
what jumped out? Legs?

The other i installed propably the RAM wrong becuase i needed to remove to get picture

if you want to upload photos, need to use a website like imgur and show link here.

tylerdurnon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
why is windows turning off display? Going into sleep? Screensaver?
if so, likely a driver problem

newest GPU drivers?

what jumped out? Legs?

if you want to upload photos, need to use a website like imgur and show link here.
The Windows energy saving function turns off Display after 10 minutes if i not using the computer.The processor fell out when i opened the box but it fell to my bed, but hit the "jumped" to the plastic box first, i opened too strongly, because i was in a hury :( , I needed to reinstall the RAM to get the computer show picture on the monitor, first time only the ventilators was spinning.Sorry for my poor english again.Newest drivers, nvidia , chipset, audio,lan.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
oh I see, it fell out of the box it came in, I couldn't understand how CPU fell out of the PC.

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

tylerdurnon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.
https://ibb.co/dGSVVtQ
the drivers

Sometime i watch tv and the monitor not good if on.Seems i found a soloution now chrome working fine for 30 mind now.But i do not know why works this.Anyway i installed again the system , and used this soloution..Thank you for your reply, and help!

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...jCkU0aL-8nKVeZCIDlME5KS8nYeVla4XnBJOlVN80Bppo

Last edited:
Solution

tylerdurnon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.