[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 compatible with b450 motherboards?

Jul 8, 2019
I'm planning on buying a Ryzen 3600 with a b450 motherboard. I see a lot of threads where people have problem installing a ryzen 3000 with a b450 motherboard where they need to bios update. Do you need to flash every b450 motherboards? Even at the online shop it says if you planning on buying a b450 motherboard with a ryzen 3000 you need to bios update it. Is this true?

Here is the link it says it's another language tho
https://azerty.nl/compatibiliteit-amd-socket-am4

Solution
Yeah, that's the sketchy part about going with previous gen boards to save a buck.

All motherboards are going to be different, some will have the latest BIOS ready for 3rd Gen out of the box, most won't. And even now, the 3rd gen BIOS's for B450 and X470 are very rocky. Still lots of bugs.

In your case, if you really want to go B450 right now, you'll need a previous gen Ryzen chip so you can update the BIOS to the latest one so you can run your 3600.

I think MicroCenter or Memory Express will do this for you if you take your board into the store.

Just beware, there are still bugs even with 3rd gen ryzen fully working on B450, it'll be a few weeks to a few months until all the bugs get ironed out with several new BIOS revisions for...
Yeah, that's the sketchy part about going with previous gen boards to save a buck.

All motherboards are going to be different, some will have the latest BIOS ready for 3rd Gen out of the box, most won't. And even now, the 3rd gen BIOS's for B450 and X470 are very rocky. Still lots of bugs.

In your case, if you really want to go B450 right now, you'll need a previous gen Ryzen chip so you can update the BIOS to the latest one so you can run your 3600.

I think MicroCenter or Memory Express will do this for you if you take your board into the store.

Just beware, there are still bugs even with 3rd gen ryzen fully working on B450, it'll be a few weeks to a few months until all the bugs get ironed out with several new BIOS revisions for all boards.

Solution