[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 high idle temp despite all the cooling

Aug 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I just bought my first relatively good pc components(except gpu you know why).
So I am having strangely high idle temps despite all the cooling I have installed. It is 48C if absolutely nothing running and 51-53 if I have some apps turned on(Steam/Origin etc.). Ambient temp is +23C avg. Aida64 extreme 15 minutes 72C avg and 73C peak. While ingame loads Apex Legends and Battlefield 4 61C avg. Are those temps supposed to be like that with all the airflow that I have? I've watched a lot of videos and almost everyone says that ryzen is pretty cold chip but is it? Sorry if I did some mistakes, english is not my 1st language.

Chipset and bios are up to date and also I tried to change the High Performance power scheme for cpu like there (2) Ryzen 3700x high iddle temps and fan speed oscillation : Amd (reddit.com) Nothing has changed.

Ryzen 3600 manually 4.2ghz undervolt 1.125
Asrock b550m pro
HyperX Fury 8x2gb 3200 mhz oc'ed to 3600 with 17 21 21 21 38 timings.
CPU Cooler Deepcool Gammaxx 400 white 120mm on silent mode 900-1500rpm
Thermal Paste GamerStorm g40 buttered toast method
Pc case Be quiet Pure base 500 with 5 installed fans. 2x140mm 900rpm be quiet pure wings2 fans in front for intake, 2x120mm Deepcool TF120s white on top for exhaust on top on silent mode 600-900rpm, and one 140mm on back Be quiet shadow wings 2 900rpm exshaust.
GPU rx580 for now.

Solution
Looks normal to me. You have an AIO water cooler, but it's a 120mm one, which isn't quite sufficient to cool any more than what is being done already. Plus you have it on silent mode, might want to try it on normal mode and see if it improves, nothing is at dangerous levels though. It's also got a 120mm fan, so it may well be very tolerable in terms of sound when running faster.

For the cooling you have, I don't think those temperatures are that out of the ordinary. Your case fans are set up okay too, there's airflow. Just enjoy the new rig. Looks fine to me.
Looks normal to me. You have an AIO water cooler, but it's a 120mm one, which isn't quite sufficient to cool any more than what is being done already. Plus you have it on silent mode, might want to try it on normal mode and see if it improves, nothing is at dangerous levels though. It's also got a 120mm fan, so it may well be very tolerable in terms of sound when running faster.

For the cooling you have, I don't think those temperatures are that out of the ordinary. Your case fans are set up okay too, there's airflow. Just enjoy the new rig. Looks fine to me.

Solution
Hello everyone, I just bought my first relatively good pc components(except gpu you know why).
So I am having strangely high idle temps despite all the cooling I have installed. It is 48C if absolutely nothing running and 51-53 if I have some apps turned on(Steam/Origin etc.). Ambient temp is +23C avg. Aida64 extreme 15 minutes 72C avg and 73C peak. While ingame loads Apex Legends and Battlefield 4 61C avg. Are those temps supposed to be like that with all the airflow that I have? I've watched a lot of videos and almost everyone says that ryzen is pretty cold chip but is it? Sorry if I did some mistakes, english is not my 1st language.

Chipset and bios are up to date and also I tried to change the High Performance power scheme for cpu like there (2) Ryzen 3700x high iddle temps and fan speed oscillation : Amd (reddit.com) Nothing has changed.

Asrock b550m pro
Pc case Be quiet Pure base 500 with 5 installed fans. 2x140mm 900rpm be quiet pure wings2 fans in front for intake, 2x120mm Deepcool TF120s white on top for exhaust on top on silent mode 600-900rpm, and one 140mm on back Be quiet shadow wings 2 900rpm exshaust.
GPU rx580 for now.
Make sure pump is running at full speed even at idle.
"absolutely nothing running " may be false, there's always something running in OS, only at 1% CPU usage or less there could be true idle.

Reactions: drea.drechsler

Asrock b550m pro
GPU rx580 for now.
I agree those temp's are pretty much what's to be expected.

Also, Ryzen boosts to highest clocks from idle even for relatively minor tasks. Each boost will cause a spike in temp which isn't really significant. Try to find a utility that reports temp in a graph over time and you can see it. A good one is HWInfo64.

Reactions: CountMike