[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 High temperature problem

Geeksman

Reputable
Sep 20, 2020
I built a new pc with Ryzen 5 3600. I think it's getting really hot in games i get about 77c or 75c under 30% or 40% CPU usage. Here's an example
blob: View: https://i.imgur.com/SnliZWI.png

And i'm using wraith prism cooler. Not the stock cooler that came with the processor . My case is coolermaster TD500 mesh with 6 fans. 3 intake and 3 for exhaust. Another problem i was also facing is when i turn off my PC the screen goes black but PC keeps running also when i restart the PC.
Specs
Ram corsair vengeance pro 16gb 3200mhz
Mobo B550 F gaming wifi bios update version 0603
GPU Asus ASUS ROG Strix RX 570
PSU Bitfenix whisper m 80 plus gold fully modular 850w psu One SSD Samsung Evo 250GB
Two hard drivers one is 2TB and another one is 1 TB.
Any help would be really appreciated

Solution
Hey now i set all cores at 4000mhz and voltage to 1.2. Now the CPU temperature is 60C in the same game thanks a lot. But the biggest problem i'm still facing is when i turn off my PC from start menu the screen goes black but everything else is still running like fans and GPU and CPU etc.. Also happening when i restart the PC especially after long usage..

Try this.

Geeksman

Reputable
Sep 20, 2020
No i didn't overclock it. And i'm not interested in overclocking. Here's a picture while idling only a few programs running in the background
blob: View: https://i.imgur.com/q6Ab0x8.png

That is moderately high for only 19W of cpu power draw. The 3600 in my server is at 41c with the same cooler. The only cause for your high temps I can think of are:
  • CPU cooler isn't firmly applying enough pressure
  • Bad thermal paste application
  • Bad airflow in your case / ambient room temp is hot
  • Motherboard isn't regulating power efficiently

Before doing anything physical, you may want to see if you can control the voltage of your CPU in the BIOS (or ryzen master) Dropping the all core voltage to 1.25-1.30 can greatly improve heat, since default voltages for ryzen draw A LOT of power and thus heat. Trust me, I have a 3600 and 3900X, for both of them I see a 10c drop in temps when I regulate the voltages instead of leaving them on default.

Though if you're uncomfortable with doing that (which you should look up videos about it, with ryzen it'll definitely aid you in the long run) then you can try physically re-applying thermal paste and making sure your cooler is firmly installed as possible.

Geeksman

Reputable
Sep 20, 2020
That is moderately high for only 19W of cpu power draw. The 3600 in my server is at 41c with the same cooler. The only cause for your high temps I can think of are:
  • CPU cooler isn't firmly applying enough pressure
  • Bad thermal paste application
  • Bad airflow in your case / ambient room temp is hot
  • Motherboard isn't regulating power efficiently
Before doing anything physical, you may want to see if you can control the voltage of your CPU in the BIOS (or ryzen master) Dropping the all core voltage to 1.25-1.30 can greatly improve heat, since default voltages for ryzen draw A LOT of power and thus heat. Trust me, I have a 3600 and 3900X, for both of them I see a 10c drop in temps when I regulate the voltages instead of leaving them on default.

Though if you're uncomfortable with doing that (which you should look up videos about it, with ryzen it'll definitely aid you in the long run) then you can try physically re-applying thermal paste and making sure your cooler is firmly installed as possible.
Hey now i set all cores at 4000mhz and voltage to 1.2. Now the CPU temperature is 60C in the same game thanks a lot. But the biggest problem i'm still facing is when i turn off my PC from start menu the screen goes black but everything else is still running like fans and GPU and CPU etc.. Also happening when i restart the PC especially after long usage..

Try this.

Solution