[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 high voltage and high idle temps

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Greetings
I recently upgraded my system to ryzen 3600 and msi b450 gaming pro carbon wifi max.I noticed the cpu voltage at 1.45 in bios ,Idle temps(Stock cooler) 48-60c and while gaming i see temps spike for examble from 66c-77c in one second then it goes back to 66.and cpu fan is noisy as hell 1600-2200rpm is that normal?

Solution
What are you using to monitor the temps, Hwinfo? ryzen master? etc? To be honest, the temps dont seem too bad, a little warm in idle but game temps seem ok. Ryzen cpu's are well known to have big temp/voltage fluctuations and Ive read on here a few times that voltages up to 1.5 are normal for these cpu's,( as they spike that high in fractions of a second and then ramp back down.) As for the stock cooler, it was the noise that persuaded me to buy an after market cooler for my old 3600X and am using the same one now for my 5600X, best decision I ever made was to change to a better cooler.
What are you using to monitor the temps, Hwinfo? ryzen master? etc? To be honest, the temps dont seem too bad, a little warm in idle but game temps seem ok. Ryzen cpu's are well known to have big temp/voltage fluctuations and Ive read on here a few times that voltages up to 1.5 are normal for these cpu's,( as they spike that high in fractions of a second and then ramp back down.) As for the stock cooler, it was the noise that persuaded me to buy an after market cooler for my old 3600X and am using the same one now for my 5600X, best decision I ever made was to change to a better cooler.

Solution

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
For idle Msi dragon center in game msi after burner.So that spikes are normal