Question RYZEN 3600 IN 1.4 Volt HELP

May 14, 2020
I'd like to know the exact same question. I bought new config 2 days ago. MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac / Ryzen 5 3600 (RX 5700 XT red devil). Temps were idle 60-70, stock cooler. I changed stock termal paste to Deepcool Z9, tightened stock cooler, since I thought there might be air pocket, temps got lowered to 60-65...

Voltage on HW monitor goes to VID: 1.475V, CPU VDD: 1.081V.

What can we do to fix this? This is not normal.

I did CPU stress test for a minute, temps were up to 81 degrees.

Profile is Balanced in radeon software.

Reactions: kong6j

kong6j

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
I'd like to know the exact same question. I bought new config 2 days ago. MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac / Ryzen 5 3600 (RX 5700 XT red devil). Temps were idle 60-70, stock cooler. I changed stock termal paste to Deepcool Z9, tightened stock cooler, since I thought there might be air pocket, temps got lowered to 60-65...

Voltage on HW monitor goes to VID: 1.475V, CPU VDD: 1.081V.

What can we do to fix this? This is not normal.

I did CPU stress test for a minute, temps were up to 81 degrees.

Profile is Balanced in radeon software.
we are same bro still nothing ihope sam one help

You should always restore de default BIOS setting before changing the CPU, after that go ahead and change the CPU and restore the default setting once again just in case.

Make sure you "save and exit" after you restore to Default BIOS settings, if you don't "save and exit" then nothing is changed.

Also once BIOS is correct, and voltage back to normal/auto, make sure to update to the lastest BIOS version available from the motherboard maker website.

Reactions: EndEffeKt_24
May 14, 2020
You should always restore de default BIOS setting before changing the CPU, after that go ahead and change the CPU and restore the default setting once again just in case.

Make sure you "save and exit" after you restore to Default BIOS settings, if you don't "save and exit" then nothing is changed.

Also once BIOS is correct, and voltage back to normal/auto, make sure to update to the lastest BIOS version available from the motherboard maker website.

BIOS is default, latest BIOS version of course, latest Chipset. Still temps 60-70 deg idle. Are there any recommended settings for Ryzen 5 3600? I am programming and casual gaming on Full HD...

3 Coolers front, 1 Cooler back. No top cooler option.

Are the 3 front cooler working as intake, and the back as exahust?

What are you using to monitor the temps? (I would only use HWiNFO 64 or Ryzen Master for this).

Are you using only 1 monitoring app?, having more than 1 open at the same time can be bad for accurate readings.

Have you installed any motheboard useless program, like MSI Dragon Center or any other RGB crap?

You sure thats the idle temp?, it seems a lot for just leaving the PC alone and not even touching the mouse. Are you sure theres no background apps/proccess working?

Do you live in a really warm place?

As long as cpu voltage stays fixed at 1.4v, then my guess will be a BIOS, chipset drivers or crappy extra software been the issue.

May 14, 2020
27 deg outside, 23 inside (AC), 3x front intake, 1x back exhaust (Sharkoon TG4 RGB pc case). I managed to lower temps to 52 idle (no touching mouse, uninstalled Dragon Center for RGB control), I monitored one at a time HW Monitor, Ryzen Master, I know it can come to conflict in temp readings.

No background processes, I made sure nothing runs.

DaveTea

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
BIOS is default, latest BIOS version of course, latest Chipset. Still temps 60-70 deg idle. Are there any recommended settings for Ryzen 5 3600? I am programming and casual gaming on Full HD...

3 Coolers front, 1 Cooler back. No top cooler option.
"3 'coolers' front"? I presume you mean 3 Fans? If your CPU is running at c65°c at Idle, then there's something wrong, and it's not the voltage. Dragon Center is absolutely RUBBISH. Is the CPU fan actually running? If so, how fast? Are you also on the stock cooler? It sounds like a badly seated CPU cooler to me, as it should idle in the high 30's, assuming you have all your FANS blowing in the right directions - check em.

May 14, 2020
"3 'coolers' front"? I presume you mean 3 Fans? If your CPU is running at c65°c at Idle, then there's something wrong, and it's not the voltage. Dragon Center is absolutely RUBBISH. Is the CPU fan actually running? If so, how fast? Are you also on the stock cooler? It sounds like a badly seated CPU cooler to me, as it should idle in the high 30's, assuming you have all your FANS blowing in the right directions - check em.

Yes, 3 fans front, my mistake on "coolers". They're blowing in, the back one is blowing out, I am 100% sure.

I reseated CPU cooler, as I said I changed thermal paste and made sure screws are tight.

CPU runs at 52-54 at idle after I uninstalled dragon center and other "Rubbish" utilities.

It's STOCK cooler. It runs between 1100-1500RPM.

I don't know how else can I check how good my CPU Cooler is seated... I made sure the screws are tight and I placed optimal thermal paste.

On MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon AC, my stock cooler logo is on left (if it means anything).

DaveTea

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
Yes, 3 fans front, my mistake on "coolers". They're blowing in, the back one is blowing out, I am 100% sure.

I reseated CPU cooler, as I said I changed thermal paste and made sure screws are tight.

CPU runs at 52-54 at idle after I uninstalled dragon center and other "Rubbish" utilities.

It's STOCK cooler. It runs between 1100-1500RPM.

I don't know how else can I check how good my CPU Cooler is seated... I made sure the screws are tight and I placed optimal thermal paste.

On MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon AC, my stock cooler logo is on left (if it means anything).
Take one or both case panels off, and see if anything changes. 53°c idle is still ver high. Check in task manager (Cntrl/Alt/Delete) what's running. What you're saying, it all sounds ok. IF, you ARE 100% on fan direction,

May 14, 2020
Nevermind, I think the possible problem might be that my backplate is not connecting properly on one screw, screw keeps spinning, i can even lift backplate from that one screw even thou its all the way in.... Any solution for this?

DaveTea

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
Nevermind, I think the possible problem might be that my backplate is not connecting properly on one screw, screw keeps spinning, i can even lift backplate from that one screw even thou its all the way in.... Any solution for this?
That is most certainly the problem then, as the CPU will not be flat against the coolers cold plate, so little/no heat transfer. It depends which thread part is stripped, and you'll need to replace that part.

Reactions: kong6j

Make sure you read everything I wrote please.

If you dont fix the issue with your voltage in BIOS theres no much else we can do.

Press F7 to go Advanced Mode and make sure that that Vcore and Core Multiplayer are both set to Auto (name my vary from one BIOS interface to another).

Also if you see any Asus Auto Overclock or Game mode options "Enable", make them "Disable".

If you are not sure how to navigate your Asus BIOS Utility check google for something like "how to .... etc. etc." (you get the idea Im sure) for your motherboard make and model and Im sure you should find a video that show you how its done.

And as I wrote earlier, If you don't "Save and Exit" (usually F10 key) the changes you do in BIOS are not saved.

Once you fixed the CPU vcore issue, only then, you may want to make sure to select the correct DOCP option for your memory. Otherwise you will be loosing performance (once again, do this only after you are 100% sure you fixed the CPU issue).

NOTE: Next time you upload a picture try to do the whole screen, not just a part, you may be omitting important data. So full screen pictures are better in this cases.

Reactions: DaveTea

kong6j

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
always restore de default BIOS se
Make sure you read everything I wrote please.

If you dont fix the issue with your voltage in BIOS theres no much else we can do.

Press F7 to go Advanced Mode and make sure that that Vcore and Core Multiplayer are both set to Auto (name my vary from one BIOS interface to another).

Also if you see any Asus Auto Overclock or Game mode options "Enable", make them "Disable".

If you are not sure how to navigate your Asus BIOS Utility check google for something like "how to .... etc. etc." (you get the idea Im sure) for your motherboard make and model and Im sure you should find a video that show you how its done.

And as I wrote earlier, If you don't "Save and Exit" (usually F10 key) the changes you do in BIOS are not saved.

Once you fixed the CPU vcore issue, only then, you may want to make sure to select the correct DOCP option for your memory. Otherwise you will be loosing performance (once again, do this only after you are 100% sure you fixed the CPU issue).

NOTE: Next time you upload a picture try to do the whole screen, not just a part, you may be omitting important data. So full screen pictures are better in this cases.
when "Disable". turbo boost voltage is 1.2 but ihave prob cpu fix at 3.6 ghz only now i loss power cpu he can get only 443 point in single cpuz what do you think if i buy this cooler 'MasterAir MA620P how many degere will be in gaming now between stock is 74 to 84 but if disbled turbo max is 64 but am lossing power from 4.1 to 3.6 )=

Résultats de recherche
Résultats Web

DaveTea

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
when "Disable". turbo boost voltage is 1.2 but ihave prob cpu fix at 3.6 ghz only now i loss power cpu he can get only 443 point in single cpuz what do you think if i buy this cooler 'MasterAir MA620P how many degere will be in gaming now between stock is 74 to 84 but if disbled turbo max is 64 but am lossing power from 4.1 to 3.6 )=

Résultats de recherche
Résultats Web
Ryzen is VERY dependent of CPU temps, and will throttle HEAVILY as the temps rise. Forget that Coolermaster and get an Arctic Freezer 34 eSport Duo; it's only £35 and is almost as good, maybe just 1°c down, as a £90 Noctua 12A. But you will absolutely need a new backplate if you've stripped a thread on the one you're using.
oops - I think I may have replied to the wrong person, but I ain't writing all this again!

Reactions: kong6j and zharo93
May 14, 2020
Ryzen is VERY dependent of CPU temps, and will throttle HEAVILY as the temps rise. Forget that Coolermaster and get an Arctic Freezer 34 eSport Duo; it's only £35 and is almost as good, maybe just 1°c down, as a £90 Noctua 12A. But you will absolutely need a new backplate if you've stripped a thread on the one you're using.
oops - I think I may have replied to the wrong person, but I ain't writing all this again!

I got Sharkoon TG4, I can't fit 165mm coolers, looking for alternative also. Meanwhile I stick 1 aluminum/copper wire into the hole to get it as tight as possible, the screw still spins in place, but at least backplate isn't falling off, got lower temps a bit, between 75-85 gaming, and I did some tweaks in BIOS. I set Ryzen Balanced Power Plan and set minimum process rate to 20%. Now idle temps are around 50 degrees @ 22-23 room temp (before 60-65). I am planning on getting Cooler Master 212 or any Noctua that showes good temps, I gotta research.

May 14, 2020
Those wires are the ones used for cable management also, they're coated with plastic. I am already search for a new CPU cooler. I gotta see first compatibility with motherboard and RAM height... So many things to think about on top of broken backplate.