[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 is at 100% usage when installing a game

Muchacho45

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Hi,

I have the new 3600 with a new computer. I am just installing BF5. It reaches tempatures of 85c and task manager is telling he is standing at 100% usage! with weird drops sometimes then it comes back to 100%.

Anyone to reflect on that?

Solution
I downloaded what you told me through steaam though I dont understand it. It run me through the main scene, then there was another and i stopped it. How long does it go for?

It takes about 20 minutes, best just to set it going when you've got something else to do for a bit. Once it finishes it will give you a performance score which you can compare to other systems.
Hi,

I have the new 3600 with a new computer. I am just installing BF5. It reaches tempatures of 85c and task manager is telling he is standing at 100% usage! with weird drops sometimes then it comes back to 100%.

Anyone to reflect on that?

I'm surprised installing a game is using that much cpu- the temp sounds likely if you are maxing it out though on all 12 threads.

I think you maybe have some other stuff running in the background? You can have a look by switching to the 'Details' tab in task manager and then clicking on the 'CPU' column to arrange all processes based on the CPU usage. You should see what is using all the juice.

Muchacho45

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
I'm surprised installing a game is using that much cpu- the temp sounds likely if you are maxing it out though on all 12 threads.

I think you maybe have some other stuff running in the background? You can have a look by switching to the 'Details' tab in task manager and then clicking on the 'CPU' column to arrange all processes based on the CPU usage. You should see what is using all the juice.
If it’s a new pc is it possibly still installing Windows and other updates?

Nothing is running in the background besides ryzen master and HWM. I did however did not limit the install to 2gm of ram, I let it to be free. It is using 18GB~ of ram currently. Does it effect it?

Computer is 1 week old.

Nothing is running in the background besides ryzen master and HWM. I did however did not limit the install to 2gm of ram, I let it to be free. It is using 18GB~ of ram currently. Does it effect it?

Computer is 1 week old.

Wow, 18gb of ram for an installer? That is probably what is causing the high usage... do you have very fast storage by any chance (e.g. NVME drive?).... sounds like they designed the installer to use whatever your system has.

If you want to run a quick test to see if your machine is healthy and running correctly I suggest installing and running the free 3DMark demo from steam (Time Spy is the latest I think). Run that and check what your machine scores- it will give you a comparison chart vs similar machines, so long as your results are comparable to the others in the chart you probably don't have any issues.

Muchacho45

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Wow, 18gb of ram for an installer? That is probably what is causing the high usage... do you have very fast storage by any chance (e.g. NVME drive?).... sounds like they designed the installer to use whatever your system has.

If you want to run a quick test to see if your machine is healthy and running correctly I suggest installing and running the free 3DMark demo from steam (Time Spy is the latest I think). Run that and check what your machine scores- it will give you a comparison chart vs similar machines, so long as your results are comparable to the others in the chart you probably don't have any issues.

I do have an Addlink SSD, 512GB 2280 M2 NVME, that is the main drive on my computer. But I placed the game at a 2TB Seagate HDD.

Muchacho45

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019

I downloaded what you told me through steaam though I dont understand it. It run me through the main scene, then there was another and i stopped it. How long does it go for?

It takes about 20 minutes, best just to set it going when you've got something else to do for a bit. Once it finishes it will give you a performance score which you can compare to other systems.

Solution