[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 no overclock. Is an aftermarket cooler worth it?

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
I bought a Ryzen 3600, and i dont plan to overclock it. I just bought a Hyper 212 black edition as aftermarket cooler (after reading multiple reviews of people complaining about the stock cooler). Is it worth spending 40 euros on that? or should i cancel the order and get a refund?

Solution
I bought a Ryzen 3600, and i dont plan to overclock it. I just bought a Hyper 212 black edition as aftermarket cooler (after reading multiple reviews of people complaining about the stock cooler). Is it worth spending 40 euros on that? or should i cancel the order and get a refund?
Bro your aftermarket cooler is ok for the following reason:
1 its completely worth it if you live in an hot climate like mine where the ambient temperature reaches 35 deg C in summer,
2 If you wanna overclock then you should go for liquid cooling, And i myself use Antec A400 i cannot overclock much with this cooler but keeps my CPU temperature under check,
it does 43 idle and 70 in gaming. before the Stock cooler used to keep my cpu at idle 55- 60 and...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the stock cooler is plenty good enough it is just noisy and gets annoying real fast. i made it 2 weeks with my 3700x and its stock cooler before changing it.

you don't need much of a cooler so the 212 black will be plenty to keep it cool. i went with a similar cooler from be quiet and have not looked back.

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
the stock cooler is plenty good enough it is just noisy and gets annoying real fast. i made it 2 weeks with my 3700x and its stock cooler before changing it.

you don't need much of a cooler so the 212 black will be plenty to keep it cool. i went with a similar cooler from be quiet and have not looked back.
Thanks for the answer. So you think it's just better for the reduced noise right? Other than that it doesn't really make a difference 😕 I'm a little undecided now, i dont know if i should invest those 40 euros on a better gpu or something

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the noise is a personal decision. its not needed. put the money to the better gpu now and down the road if you decide you don't like the stock cooler, then replace it. no reason to do it before you even know if it will bother you.

i made it 2 weeks. thought i'd get used to it, but could not so it had to go.

give it a shot, it may not bother you like it has others. that's why we tend to suggest it since it seems many many don't like it :)

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
1 its completely worth it if you live in an hot climate like mine where the ambient temperature reaches 35 deg C in summer,
2 If you wanna overclock then you should go for liquid cooling, And i myself use Antec A400 i cannot overclock much with this cooler but keeps my CPU temperature under check,
it does 43 idle and 70 in gaming. before the Stock cooler used to keep my cpu at idle 55- 60 and gaming right near the Threshold of 85deg.

So yes the custom cooler keeps your CPU cool, thereby increasing its longevity.

Solution

Andrea Burgio

Distinguished
May 6, 2015
it does 43 idle and 70 in gaming. before the Stock cooler used to keep my cpu at idle 55- 60 and gaming right near the Threshold of 85deg.

So yes the custom cooler keeps your CPU cool, thereby increasing its longevity.

Yeah i think i'll keep it, i read too many reviews about people saying that their cpu gets over 75 degrees, i'd rather keep it cool for the next 5/6 years i'll keep this build without being worried about noise and temperatures. it's just 10 euros a year anyway. Thanks 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: coolraveen

TRENDING THREADS