[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 OC questions

ThomasCro

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Hey guys!

I have a few questions regarding the Ryzen 5 3600 and it's overclocking settings.

MOBO: B450 Tomahawk Max latest bios "7C02v3A2(Beta version)"

I tried a couple of different things and just want to confirm the measurements I had.

So I tried the "Clock Tuner for Ryzen by 1USMUS" on all default settings and it gave me the following results:

Bronze sample CPU :(
1.250V
3925 CCX1
3950 CCX2

and the Cinebench R23 results are:
Multi 9204
Single 1171
7.86 x

Then I tried without the Clock Tuner
BIOS settings PBO enabled +200 and auto clock & voltage

these are the Cinebench results:
Single 9215
Multi 1240
7.43 x

What is worrying me is that HWinfo shows an average voltage of 1.449V during a 20 minute stress test on the PBO auto settings.
I actually can't believe this to be true so I wanted to check if there is something wrong with the way HWinfo measures Ryzen 5 or something like that.

What would you recommend me use going forward? Is the Clock Tuner result better seeing as it caps the voltage and the core performance is lower but the voltage is ok?

Or is the default voltage totally ok and safe (I can't believe they would make the default settings be harmful for the CPU).

The temps were never a limiting factor, didn't go beyond 60C.

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Thomas

EDIT: Ok, so I found out that HWinfo doesn't show accurate V's because it pumps it up itself.
While using Ryzen Master though, it still went 1.375V under the Cinebench stress, suggestions?

Last edited:
Solution
Thinking forums good indicator for this if voltage was issue we would see more posts about it. Would maybe not be so disappoint with bronze cpu. CTR says mine is the silver but thinking thats just being nice. One of my ccx sucks so limits things a little. For me my pc is multimedia internet youtubes and videos. But main use is games yes I admit.

After lots of CTR and benchmarks in cb and games I find maybe too much value placed on this. For me this how it work out:
Stock this 3600x go to 4.4mhz 1.45v, only remember it seems hot
OC all core 4.3mhz 1.25v 56c, nice uplift in cb20, no difference in games
Undervolt all core 4.150mhz 1.2v 52c, no difference in games

Was fun tinker with OC and undervolts for cpu and gpu. Pushed to...
Hey guys!

I have a few questions regarding the Ryzen 5 3600 and it's overclocking settings.

MOBO: B450 Tomahawk Max latest bios "7C02v3A2(Beta version)"

I tried a couple of different things and just want to confirm the measurements I had.

So I tried the "Clock Tuner for Ryzen by 1USMUS" on all default settings and it gave me the following results:

Bronze sample CPU :(
1.250V
3925 CCX1
3950 CCX2

and the Cinebench R23 results are:
Multi 9204
Single 1171
7.86 x

Then I tried without the Clock Tuner
BIOS settings PBO enabled +200 and auto clock & voltage

these are the Cinebench results:
Single 9215
Multi 1240
7.43 x

What is worrying me is that HWinfo shows an average voltage of 1.449V during a 20 minute stress test on the PBO auto settings.
I actually can't believe this to be true so I wanted to check if there is something wrong with the way HWinfo measures Ryzen 5 or something like that.

What would you recommend me use going forward? Is the Clock Tuner result better seeing as it caps the voltage and the core performance is lower but the voltage is ok?

Or is the default voltage totally ok and safe (I can't believe they would make the default settings be harmful for the CPU).

The temps were never a limiting factor, didn't go beyond 60C.

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Thomas

EDIT: Ok, so I found out that HWinfo doesn't show accurate V's because it pumps it up itself.
While using Ryzen Master though, it still went 1.375V under the Cinebench stress, suggestions?
1.375v is fine.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Thinking forums good indicator for this if voltage was issue we would see more posts about it. Would maybe not be so disappoint with bronze cpu. CTR says mine is the silver but thinking thats just being nice. One of my ccx sucks so limits things a little. For me my pc is multimedia internet youtubes and videos. But main use is games yes I admit.

After lots of CTR and benchmarks in cb and games I find maybe too much value placed on this. For me this how it work out:
Stock this 3600x go to 4.4mhz 1.45v, only remember it seems hot
OC all core 4.3mhz 1.25v 56c, nice uplift in cb20, no difference in games
Undervolt all core 4.150mhz 1.2v 52c, no difference in games

Was fun tinker with OC and undervolts for cpu and gpu. Pushed to max and many cmos clears. Not so much uplift space available for me 3600x in games. Chose to go with undervolts if performance the same and try to keep temps down so fans spin as silent as can. Worked out nice.

Solution