Question Ryzen 3600 On Asrock B350 causing blue screens

AnthonyLee59

Honorable
Jul 28, 2014
Installed new 3600 on Asrock B350 Gaming K4 after installilng new BIOS and all in 1 drivers.. getting blue screens constantly..

Gedikpasha

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Well im gonna getRyzen 3600x soon so i just updated bios also. I am getting blue screen constanly with r5 1600 xD.

MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbony by the way it is making me sad that having same issue with ASUS brand. :(

AnthonyLee59

Honorable
Jul 28, 2014
Do you have the CPU you used to update the BIOS around to try? If so, use that to see if the blue screen still occurs.
Also, on the instructions for the BIOS update, it says there were VGA drivers to install beforehand. Did you install these?
I didnt install them first as I dont have onboard VGA.. or does that not matter?

I didnt install them first as I dont have onboard VGA.. or does that not matter?
Thats what asrock replied me for the all in 1 drivers because i didnt have a ryzen with integraded graphics but just a ryzen 5 1400.

Hello,

If you are not using integrated graphics then you can ignore that part.
We tried to keep the comment short in order not to overcomplicate it.

If you want you can still install the new driver though. It also contains chipset drivers. And if you are not using AMD graphics then the graphics driver of that package will be ignored and only the chipset drivers will be installed.

And if you prefer to use a separate package for the chipset drivers, you can get that via the AMD website:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

Have a nice weekend J
ASRock Support

This error is caused by driver issues. It is probably due to not installing the all in 1 drivers.
•Boot up your PC. Then, hold the power button down at the blue screen until it is fully turned off.
•Turn the PC back on and abruptly turn it off again at the Windows spinning circles. Dont let it get to the BSOD otherwise you will have to go back to step 1. Do this until you see automatic repair instead of the BSOD.
•Choose advanced options.
•Choose troubleshoot.
•Choose advanced options.
•Choose startup settings.
•Choose restart.
•Press the F4 key.
•You should boot into Windows 10 Safe Mode. From here, Asrock users download the drivers listed along with the 5.80 BIOS version. Other motherboards, download all of the latest drivers for your motherboard.
•Restart PC, and your problem should be solved.

Jun 29, 2019
I am not sure, if it is related, but i have returned my 3600 with Fatality X470 K4 because of WHEA and Video scheduler BSODs.

Just today i have found out, that this problem isn´t just incompatibility on my side, but there are issues on the BIOS side.

More wise and tech knowing people might go thru it and tell if it is related or not, but for me it was the case.

More info in this thread:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cacwf9/psa_ryzen_3000_gaming_performance_is_being_gimped/

E: In my case, after booting into Win 10 clean install, i was getting the BSODs after 1 minute idle on desktop, did nothing else and it still crashed.

I'm not sure, those petrol station look a little bit too far for me.
Your system looks fine. I believe this is just driver incompatibly somewhere in the mix of things. The error you said the BSOD had is related to drivers, and the fact that Asrock made some drivers for the update means that this is probably it. Follow the steps I gave beforehand to try to boot into Windows and get those drivers installed.

AnthonyLee59

Honorable
Jul 28, 2014
Well I did a "refresh" of my Windows 10 1903 install and re-installed chipset drivers etc etc...happy to say I am 99% stable now with NO BLUE SCREENS... the only thing I get very seldomly is the system will reboot all by itself... its not heat related because im only getting temps in the mid 60's under load... apart from that its flying along.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
Well I did a "refresh" of my Windows 10 1903 install and re-installed chipset drivers etc etc...happy to say I am 99% stable now with NO BLUE SCREENS... the only thing I get very seldomly is the system will reboot all by itself... its not heat related because im only getting temps in the mid 60's under load... apart from that its flying along.
Your system is crashing not rebooting itself. You won't always get BSOD when you crash. This happens to me all the time when I'm stability testing overclocks. I've been having some stability issue's with a few different AsRock b450 boards and the 3600 CPU's that are memory related. It might be worth running memtest86 to see if your memory is stable. https://www.memtest86.com/

It takes about 3 hours to run through all 4 passes. Instability issues usually crop up very early in the test so you can kill the test and adjust settings then run it again until stable. All it took to get memory stable for me was to load XMP and drop down one speed. YMMV.

Hopefully this will get cleared up in the next round of Bios updates.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Your system is crashing not rebooting itself. You won't always get BSOD when you crash. This happens to me all the time when I'm stability testing overclocks. I've been having some stability issue's with a few different AsRock b450 boards and the 3600 CPU's that are memory related. It might be worth running memtest86 to see if your memory is stable. https://www.memtest86.com/

It takes about 3 hours to run through all 4 passes. Instability issues usually crop up very early in the test so you can kill the test and adjust settings then run it again until stable. All it took to get memory stable for me was to load XMP and drop down one speed. YMMV.

Bios chips for older board may not enough to storage that much. So they had to take things out of the bios to make it fit which led to instability of the system. It was just better for people that went for Ryzen 3000 series and bought Ryzen X570/500 series motherboard .

AnthonyLee59

Honorable
Jul 28, 2014

I have just purchased HyperX 3200Mhz RAM that is on the Asrock list of memory rated to run at 3200Mhz on my motherboard. It is happening so infrequently that it doesn't bother me...my system runs many games for hours on end with no dramas.

Jun 29, 2019
DaPeacmaker - many motherboard manufacturers, including the one of yours, made drivers to be installed BEFORE updating the BIOS. Did you install yours?
Well, as said, the board was returned already. Just FYI, i was trying to install the drivers before, but since there was no chance to stay in Windows for long enough time to install the drivers, it would still be useless... ATM got 3600, MSI X570 MPG Gaming Edge WIFI, RAM Patriot Viper Steel series @3600 14-15-15-15-30 1T and it is stable, but still worried about low write speed of the RAM. But that is for another topic

TRENDING THREADS