[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 seems to be running to hot

yehiambenshushan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
Hello friends!
Recently I built a new system, ROG B450F / RTX 2060S / RYZEN 3600

I put on that CPU, a Noctua NH u12s cooler that was really expensive for me, with the hope of having lower temps, but I noticed that when I play for example Red Dead Redemption 2 (everything is maxed out, settings are tuned to "ULTRA")
I'm getting those temps: View: https://imgur.com/sv1zB1D

Min: 44° Max: 77°

Now, I'm thinking that ryzen 3600, with no OC settings, and with this Noctua cooler should not get those temps, maybe with the stock cooler, maybe.
what can I do to reduce heat?
My case is Antec DP501 (x3 front fans - x1 back fan) and located in an open space area, no way the pc is "choked"

Last edited:
Solution
My case is Antec DP501 (x3 front fans - x1 back fan) and located in an open space area, no way the pc is "choked"
No way the PC is 'choked', huh? Then what's that front panel?

Unlike Intel cpus and the older Ryzen models, these cpus will try to boost higher during high active thread activity if the extra thermal headroom is available; single thread boost behavior remains the same.

You may not be comfortable with the thermal results, but the cpu is. It tunes itself based on its parameters.
There's really nothing wrong here, but as already mentioned, you could add a single top exhaust fan...
Hello friends!
Recently I built a new system, ROG B450F / RTX 2060S / RYZEN 3600

I put on that CPU, a Noctua NH u12s cooler that was really expensive for me, with the hope of having lower temps, but I noticed that when I play for example Red Dead Redemption 2 (everything is maxed out, settings are tuned to "ULTRA")
I'm getting those temps: View: https://imgur.com/sv1zB1D

Min: 44° Max: 77°

Now, I'm thinking that ryzen 3600, with no OC settings, and with this Noctua cooler should not get those temps, maybe with the stock cooler, maybe.
what can I do to reduce heat?
The ryzen 5 3600 is quite a hot cpu and many people report it as running hot, however 59c in Rdr2 on full load is actually a good temperature and 77c is normal for the 3600 at max. If you go over 80c I would start to take action. Hope this helps

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No way the PC is 'choked', huh? Then what's that front panel?

Unlike Intel cpus and the older Ryzen models, these cpus will try to boost higher during high active thread activity if the extra thermal headroom is available; single thread boost behavior remains the same.

You may not be comfortable with the thermal results, but the cpu is. It tunes itself based on its parameters.
There's really nothing wrong here, but as already mentioned, you could add a single top exhaust fan...

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

I'm sorry but if your case has a closed front panel (and yours does) your components are almost definitely choked.

yehiambenshushan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
I'm sorry but if your case has a closed front panel (and yours does) your components are almost definitely choked.
it has some space for front air intake
and when I removed the side panel to check, I felt cold air comes from those 3 fans.
also checked with some light paper and saw it waving.. so there is definitely some air that is getting inside

Last edited: