[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 temps spikes

Josea7x09

Reputable
Dec 6, 2016
Hello everyone... Need some help troubleshooting this issue as I am no expert in this matter. I bought a 3600 back in november and paired it with a B450 Tomahawk. I bought a Scythe Fuma Rev 2.0 cooler as it was one of the best air cooling solutions I could fit in my case. When I first finished the build it all went without a hiccup except my cput temps. For some reason the 3600 keeps getting temp spikes every 5-10 seconds. Even after a cold boot, without any application running in the background except for MSI afterburner, it happens.

Here's a graph: View: https://imgur.com/a/j1oKTdZ?third_party=1#_=_

I know that some drivers/bios update should've fixed that, but for some reason I'm still having that issue.

Any suggestion is very welcomed!

Solution
It’s normal for Ryzen CPU’s .Nothing to worry about.

He is right. This is normal typical behavior with the Ryzen series.

I have a 2600 and about every 10-20 seconds my temps jumps from 33-36ish degrees C, up to 45-50c. Even with nothing happening. I even had to build my custom CPU Fan curve around this behavior as everytime the temp would rise the fans would spin up enough to annoy me when everything was quiet in the room.

Its nothing to worry about however and theres nothing wrong. Im not sure exactly WHY it does this but, nevertheless, its normal.
It’s normal for Ryzen CPU’s .Nothing to worry about.

I have a 2600 and about every 10-20 seconds my temps jumps from 33-36ish degrees C, up to 45-50c. Even with nothing happening. I even had to build my custom CPU Fan curve around this behavior as everytime the temp would rise the fans would spin up enough to annoy me when everything was quiet in the room.

Its nothing to worry about however and theres nothing wrong. Im not sure exactly WHY it does this but, nevertheless, its normal.

Solution
Mar 6, 2020

Mind sharing the curve?

Mind sharing the curve?

I think with my current setup I have a straight line from 35c to 48c at 40%, maybe with like a 5% increase on that line, then I jump up to 60% at 60c then 80% at 70c.

Its basically relaxed on lower temps and very agressive on my "gaming" temps. Works like a charm and the fan is unnoticeable when it does these little spikes.

TRENDING THREADS