[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 vs 2600x

Aug 14, 2019
Is it worth to go for a ryzen 2600x instead of a 3600 with my b450 tomahawk?I wouldnt do this but maybe its better to be safe than sorry.Whats your opinion?

Solution
If it was my choice I would run what you have for a while longer and let whatever BIOS issue you're talking about work itself out.

The 3600 is hands down a better CPU than the 2600x...that's not to say there's anything wrong with the 2600x, it's a fine CPU, but the 3600 brings better memory support and simply performs at a higher level in every aspect.
Is it worth to go for a ryzen 2600x instead of a 3600 with my b450 tomahawk?I wouldnt do this but maybe its better to be safe than sorry.Whats your opinion?

2600x is terrific value at the prices they've dropped to and they'll remain a great gaming CPU for a while yet. But if you can swing the 3600 it's just that much better, especially since it's 1% lows performance makes it smoother in CPU-bound gaming scenarios. But that kind of depends on whether you do the kind of 'twitch' gaming that matters for.

If it was my choice I would run what you have for a while longer and let whatever BIOS issue you're talking about work itself out.

The 3600 is hands down a better CPU than the 2600x...that's not to say there's anything wrong with the 2600x, it's a fine CPU, but the 3600 brings better memory support and simply performs at a higher level in every aspect.

Solution