Aquaquake

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Hi - I'm planning on building a new PC and there's a great deal for Ryzen 2700. I could pay a extra for 3600 but I'm trynna figure if it's worth it. I've seen there's some raw performance difference in favor of 3600, but I'm more curious about whether there's any new important technology on 3600 that I should be worried about, should I opt out for 2700? Sorry for noobka question and ty for answers.

Solution
If all you're doing is gaming, go with the 3600. Last time I checked they are the same price. The only reason to go 2700x is for slightly better multicore performance for video editing and content creation tasks.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
it depends on your budget in this case, the thing is, the 3600 is an improvement. but at the same time, if you can get the 2700 for cheaper, i think the money would be better spent on a gpu or more storage etc if you are doing heavy cpu load like video editing i would say go for the 3600. but if you are just gaming, put the money towards a better gpu

Aquaquake

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Thanks - well, I do a little gaming and a little of web browsing, but my biggest concern are some of the new technologies and improvements introduced in Zen2 that should concern me - I'm inexperienced in this area so I can't really say which of the new features are worthwhile and which are not, i.e. if there's anything worth the extra money, aside from the 'raw performance'.

Thanks - well, I do a little gaming and a little of web browsing, but my biggest concern are some of the new technologies and improvements introduced in Zen2 that should concern me - I'm inexperienced in this area so I can't really say which of the new features are worthwhile and which are not, i.e. if there's anything worth the extra money, aside from the 'raw performance'.
Well,Ryzen 3000 is all new technology starting with 7nM and chiplet design which separates cores from I/O controller and those things also cause lower power consumption and heat. Improve memory controller also means higher memory speeds, There's also PCIe v4 which has twice the bandwidth of v3 and allows for faster GPUs and NVMe SSDs. Improved performance per core and single core.

Reactions: SgtScream

Latest posts