Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017
Hello,

I'm looking for some help as my CPU gets anywhere from 55C - 85C depending on the game, I want to try change the bios around but I'm no expert.

I use a rock slim 92mm fan, which runs worse than the stock cooler apparently ! My aim is to get another fan so it's a dual cooler but until then I have tried locking the temps in Ryzen Master, re-mounting cooler and using a Ryzen custom plan that seemed to work but after a while things seem to go back hot.

Any help would be appreciated cheers!

Solution
Before it was damn near hitting 1.45V.
This is perfectly fine and entirely normal for Ryzen 3000 and later on lighter loads; it does not sit there. If it did, then it would be a problem.
You are far from the first to misread their behavior.

I have disabled PBO & AMD cool n Quiet through the bios and am currently running an AMD Custom plan.
Cool n Quiet should stay on. Power plan should be balanced, or Ryzen Balanced.
Doing away with the power saving features doesn't do much on these chips; increasing power consumption and thermals, and not much else.

Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017
My motherboard is currently on the 2nd to latest bios which is AMD AGESA 1.0.0.4, and I also installed the official chipset drivers needed to run the Ryzen custom plan.

What are your idle/full load temps?

My full specs are
3600X (4.1 @ 1.325V)
b350m Bazooka
Palit RTX 3070 Gaming Pro OC
2X8GB DDR4 3000 Crucial Ballstix (2667XMP)
500GB Sabrent M.2
Sandisk ssd 240
500gb hdd

Cheers

Reactions: kurdtnz

Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017
I understand the limit is 95C but up to 85C still seems hot for me, on a few occasions Forza H 4 has reset my pc due to it hitting the limit(Before i set a custom plan). I have just ordered some replacement fan clips for my cooler you see so I was planning to put another 92mm on the other side to try lower it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you are hitting 85C on that cpu with that cooler, I have a few suspicions:
1)The overclocks = higher sustained heat loads.
2)You're using PBO, Windows high performance or ultimate power plan - or a combination of them.
3)Overall cooling is insufficient.

Most of these are done by you and not the cpu.

Reactions: Burnsy69

Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017
I have disabled PBO & AMD cool n Quiet through the bios and am currently running an AMD Custom plan.

When it comes to the overclock the boost is to 4.2 but I have locked it at 4.1 with 1.325V which is the lowest before it isn't stable- Before it was damn near hitting 1.45V.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Before it was damn near hitting 1.45V.
This is perfectly fine and entirely normal for Ryzen 3000 and later on lighter loads; it does not sit there. If it did, then it would be a problem.
You are far from the first to misread their behavior.

Cool n Quiet should stay on. Power plan should be balanced, or Ryzen Balanced.
Doing away with the power saving features doesn't do much on these chips; increasing power consumption and thermals, and not much else.

Solution

Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017
What a damn shame spreading bad info intentional or not!

I have tested my CPU and i am getting 6C-10C lower on Cyberpunk which I am very happy with and this is before putting a 2nd fan on the cooler so what you suggested definitely helped.

Thanks!

Reactions: Phaaze88