Question Ryzen 3600x,Do all cores always work?

ChamoRTS

Prominent
Jun 14, 2020
I have a Ryzen 3600x, the first core is always at 3800Mhz and the other cores are always working, I have a custom cooling system (GPU and CPU) Case Lian li 011 Dynamic, it is not a ventilation problem, the question is, why do I have temperatures so high? All cores are always working and they do not go to sleep.
Notably,I have seen videos on Youtube and in Idle not all cores work, Also disable the Core Performance Boost option.

Idle temperature: 51 Degrees
Ambient Temperature: 26 Degrees
GPU Temperature: 34 Degrees
Volt: 1.125

My Setup
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero.
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X.
Case Lian li 011 Dynamic.
Corsair Hydro X Water Cooling Custom.
Arctic MX-4 2019 Edition Thermal Compound Paste Heatsink Paste - 4 Grams.

[

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I forgot to mention, but your images are broken - try imgur.com instead.

Yes, I have everything up to date. In this video it solves the problem but it remains the same for me.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JTuxMnrqds&feature=emb_title
:homer:
People are creating a problem from something that isn't a problem; they still haven't realized that Ryzen 3000 is completely different from Intel and the AMD cpus of old, treating them as such, and creating other problems.
Please revert bios settings back to optimized defaults and make sure your power plan is on balanced.

what is the temperature under load?
57 Degrees
THIS is what matters.
There is really nothing wrong here, other than following the advice from that stupid video guide, of which there are a bunch like that out there...

As for the idle thermals, the cause here is heavily compounded:
-the thermal density of TSMC's 7nm process.
-Ryzen 3000's light load boost behavior. It reacts differently under heavy loads, like Cinebench R20.
-the temperature of the air going into the cooler radiator(s) - not just your room air, but also the air inside the chassis; it will always be warmer than the air in your room.
-how many radiators you're using, and if they're enough for the hardware combination.
-whether or not you're using the right fans for said radiator(s).
-pump speed.
-there may be more, but that's what comes to mind at the moment.

Reactions: ChamoRTS

ChamoRTS

Prominent
Jun 14, 2020
As I am a Paranoid person, I continued to investigate a bit and found the problem, apparently it is a virus that after a certain time puts the first core of the processor to work at maximum in Idle.

ChamoRTS

Prominent
Jun 14, 2020
I forgot to mention, but your images are broken - try imgur.com instead.

:homer:
People are creating a problem from something that isn't a problem; they still haven't realized that Ryzen 3000 is completely different from Intel and the AMD cpus of old, treating them as such, and creating other problems.
Please revert bios settings back to optimized defaults and make sure your power plan is on balanced.

THIS is what matters.
There is really nothing wrong here, other than following the advice from that stupid video guide, of which there are a bunch like that out there...

As for the idle thermals, the cause here is heavily compounded:
-the thermal density of TSMC's 7nm process.
-Ryzen 3000's light load boost behavior. It reacts differently under heavy loads, like Cinebench R20.
-the temperature of the air going into the cooler radiator(s) - not just your room air, but also the air inside the chassis; it will always be warmer than the air in your room.
-how many radiators you're using, and if they're enough for the hardware combination.
-whether or not you're using the right fans for said radiator(s).
-pump speed.
-there may be more, but that's what comes to mind at the moment.
This is the photo when I had the problem, let me know if you can see the screenshot.
View: https://imgur.com/RrYv8SA