Sep 23, 2021
Hello! first of all sorry for my english if i messed up , i'm new to this website and just finished my first pc build 2 weeks now , i noticed my CPU temps is high , (while just on opera gx while max limiting cpu/ram usage on the browser ) it reach from 45 > 60 , and when i start a game , like ex league of legend ,my temp even reach 70/72 , and this game is old and don't need a good spec to run , and when i play something else like valorant or apex legend temp 80/82 , tbh it's really scaring me , that's i don't even dare to run some other games like b5 or something higher
i did change some stuf in bios , trying to calm down that fan because it's really annoying , but even while i lowered it alote the temp didn't change and same while i max it , i removed 1 fan from the case the one on the bot in front of the psu trying to reduce the noise of fans , and only left 1 mid directed to the gpu and 1 directed to the cpu
so in total i have 1 fan in the back / cpu fan / 2 case fan

my spec :
-amd 5 3600x
– Aerocool Core Plus (rgb) cpu fan
- gtx aero 1070
-16 ram delta force
-ASUS PRIME B450M-K
-1TERA SAMSUNG PM961 M2.NVME
-Corsair cv 650w 80+ bronze
-case : FPMAX CL3303 TG White3 fans (rgb)

and thank you for the help

Solution
Hello! first of all sorry for my english if i messed up , i'm new to this website and just finished my first pc build 2 weeks now , i noticed my CPU temps is high , (while just on opera gx while max limiting cpu/ram usage on the browser ) it reach from 45 > 60 , and when i start a game , like ex league of legend ,my temp even reach 70/72 , and this game is old and don't need a good spec to run , and when i play something else like valorant or apex legend temp 80/82 , tbh it's really scaring me , that's i don't even dare to run some other games like b5 or something higher
i did change some stuf in bios , trying to calm down that fan because it's really annoying , but even while i lowered it alote the temp didn't change and same...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Calming down (lowering speed) on particularly the CPU fan isn't going to help temps. All of what you are reporting are well within the thermal envelope for that CPU. You should consider your ambient temps and case air flow.
An easy thing to try is to drop the side panel on your case. If temps lower in a significant way it can be indicative of a case with poor air flow and/or the need for additional case ventilation.

Reactions: SûnnyNîght
i did change some stuf in bios , trying to calm down that fan because it's really annoying , but even while i lowered it alote the temp didn't change and same while i max it , i removed 1 fan from the case the one on the bot in front of the psu trying to reduce the noise of fans , and only left 1 mid directed to the gpu and 1 directed to the cpu
so in total i have 1 fan in the back / cpu fan / 2 case fan

my spec :
-amd 5 3600x
– Aerocool Core Plus (rgb) cpu fan
- gtx aero 1070
-16 ram delta force
-ASUS PRIME B450M-K
-1TERA SAMSUNG PM961 M2.NVME
-Corsair cv 650w 80+ bronze
-case : FPMAX CL3303 TG White3 fans (rgb)

and thank you for the help
ryzen temps can seem high, but it's normal. It boosts aggressive and the temp spikes when it does so that's perfectly normal. Because temps are so spikey it's also a good idea to get a monitoring utility that reports average die temps, like HWInfo64 does, to see the true average temp and not just the spikes. Your best bet is to calm the fans as you say...and remember the CPU's safe up to 95C Tjmax although it's best to try and keep average die temps in the 70's if your cooler can manage that.

Solution
Sep 23, 2021
ryzen temps can seem high, but it's normal. It boosts aggressive and the temp spikes when it does so that's perfectly normal. Because temps are so spikey it's also a good idea to get a monitoring utility that reports average die temps, like HWInfo64 does, to see the true average temp and not just the spikes. Your best bet is to calm the fans as you say...and remember the CPU's safe up to 95C Tjmax although it's best to try and keep average die temps in the 70's if your cooler can manage that.
so even if i chaged the cpu fan and put be quiet shadow rock 3 , it's going to be the same? because i'm thinking of removing few fan case , the noise is a bit to much :/ , and if it's possible i would like to remove the 2 fan in front so i can have some peace :'(
and i did use gpu-z and it show me that avr is 55 while just browsing

Sep 23, 2021
You should consider your ambient temps and case air flow.
An easy thing to try is to drop the side panel on your case. If temps lower in a significant way it can be indicative of a case with poor air flow and/or the need for additional case ventilation.
i didn't get it , should i change the location of the case or something ? sorry my english is not the best , xD

so even if i chaged the cpu fan and put be quiet shadow rock 3 , it's going to be the same? because i'm thinking of removing few fan case , the noise is a bit to much :/ , and if it's possible i would like to remove the 2 fan in front so i can have some peace :'(
and i did use gpu-z and it show me that avr is 55 while just browsing
Yah, that cooler you have isn't much better than the stock one. I'd definitely go for at least the shadow rock 3. but yes, you'll still get the spikes no matter what you put on for the cooler. On a hefty cooler like Shadow Rock I'd set a fixed, just audible, fan speed up to around 70C or so then let it rise to something that's audible but not too loud until around 85 or 90C before it gets annoying. Also use a really long hysterisis for a long rise time and long fall time.

Also, do not drop the front fans they're important, you need good case ventilation or any air cooler is just going to end up using it's own hot air...and hot GPU air...to try and cool with. But you shouldn't need to run them at super high speeds either, so tone the speed down to get some peace while still moving air through the case.

Last edited: