Question Ryzen 3600X staying always at 4250 Mhz in idle

Jan 15, 2020
Hey guys, just build my system right now and I see that my Ryzen 3600X which has a base clock of 3.80Ghz is always running at round 4250 Mhz. I am not running anything except chrome and it is really on idle. Shouldn't it be 3800 Mhz instead?
Is that a bad sign and why is it? Something broken or bad CPU? I need help.

SbPZTzF.png

lAJms4G.png

Lushern1309

Reputable
Aug 22, 2019
Hello, what windows power plan are you using? also are you on latest bios?, are you using monitoring programs other than cpu-z and hwinfo? do you have voltage and heat spikes?. try resetting bios to factory, set power plan to ryzen balanced. i have a r5 3600 and had voltage and heat spikes constantly, decided to set a static core clock multiplier but lost boost which isn't important for me anyway

Reactions: Rdslw
usually that's how high performance power plan behaves. change it to balanced or power saving for less heat.

Power_Settings__copy.png

This little image shows you EXACTLY what you search for, setting it to 100% everywhere does what you see, and it hurts your peformance.

Set those numbers to 100 max, 15 % minimum for quiet low power work, and 50% min, 100% max for ultimate snappiness.

Setting anything below 100% will mean CPU will not go to BOOST state (helps on laptops to make sure its not frying your thighs)