Burnsy69

Honorable
May 4, 2017
I've got a Ryzen 3600X with a be quiet dark rock cooler that runs 55C-50C idle and 80C load, is this normal with my cooler? I'm using an older B350M board with a 3070 which runs 30C-33C idle- The CPU is also OC'D to 4.2 1.350V.

Any suggestions or feedback be great thanks

Solution
Massive debate on Ryzen overclocking, im on team 'there is no point.' Sure Ive played around with it but in real life application, you gain very little. In fact, OC'd to 4.2 you are inhibiting the 3600x reaching it's turbo boost.If you must overclock for whatever reason, I found 1usmus's CRT the easiest and most efficient way, I have the same cpu and managed to OC it to CCX1 to 4375mhz and CCX2 to 4325mhz at 1.25V. But as said,there is very little point apart from ego boosting and more often than not you run into thermal issues like yours and system crashes.
Massive debate on Ryzen overclocking, im on team 'there is no point.' Sure Ive played around with it but in real life application, you gain very little. In fact, OC'd to 4.2 you are inhibiting the 3600x reaching it's turbo boost.If you must overclock for whatever reason, I found 1usmus's CRT the easiest and most efficient way, I have the same cpu and managed to OC it to CCX1 to 4375mhz and CCX2 to 4325mhz at 1.25V. But as said,there is very little point apart from ego boosting and more often than not you run into thermal issues like yours and system crashes.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution