[SOLVED] Ryzen 3700/3700x Asus ROG b450

mwhines5

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
I do not want to OC and just want the best motherboard for the price, will this combo be recommended? ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING and R7 3700x. thanks

Solution
Just wait for the reviews to kick in... Only a week left.

Based on early leaked reviews, the ryzen 3600 just freezes when multiplier is changed slightly under x470 motherboard. So i would not take any chances on previous gen with latest ryzen 3000 series, I believe that they will work fine on stock settings but expect very minimal overclocking support.

X570 is very costly bcos of Gen 4, wait for B550 or B450/x470 after getting trusted reviews on the processors.
I own the previous gen of motherboards X370 and B350 and the difference in overclocking is big, for real if you want to overclock go for X470. Ofc you can overclock on b350/b450 but its not that good most of the times you get lower voltages than what you set in bios.

mwhines5

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
I own the previous gen of motherboards X370 and B350 and the difference in overclocking is big, for real if you want to overclock go for X470. Ofc you can overclock on b350/b450 but its not that good most of the times you get lower voltages than what you set in bios.

So if I don't want to OC then the asus b450 motherboard is ideal?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
5xx boards will follow with Zen2's release. If you want a good motherboard for 3700/3700x would be wise to wait for 550/570 since you don't have anything yet. Better power phases, vrms, improvements overall to take advantage of their new processors.

Don't buy any 3xx/4xx series mobos now. Most should be compatible but there has been doubts which cpus previous gen motherboards can handle. You'll be taking a gamble right now and waiting for reviews/technical insights on what to expect wont be soon enough for you to decide properly. New motherboards would be 50$ difference at most i reckon, is it worth 50bucks for you to endure unforseen consequences?

550 chipset will arrive late and the X470 will be the "550" for now. X570 will be really expensive and right now simple gamers wont see any difference with pcie gen 4.0 maybe only content creators. I suggest to invest some money to a good X470 motherboard. Ofc you can wait for the release but keep in mind everyone is waiting now after the release the prices will go high.

mwhines5

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
5xx boards will follow with Zen2's release. If you want a good motherboard for 3700/3700x would be wise to wait for 550/570 since you don't have anything yet. Better power phases, vrms, improvements overall to take advantage of their new processors.

Don't buy any 3xx/4xx series mobos now. Most should be compatible but there has been doubts which cpus previous gen motherboards can handle. You'll be taking a gamble right now and waiting for reviews/technical insights on what to expect wont be soon enough for you to decide properly. New motherboards would be 50$ difference at most i reckon, is it worth 50bucks for you to endure unforseen consequences?

Definitely! Thanks a lot :). When it comes out, would I get a x570? or a b550 or what ever its called?

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Just wait for the reviews to kick in... Only a week left.

Based on early leaked reviews, the ryzen 3600 just freezes when multiplier is changed slightly under x470 motherboard. So i would not take any chances on previous gen with latest ryzen 3000 series, I believe that they will work fine on stock settings but expect very minimal overclocking support.

X570 is very costly bcos of Gen 4, wait for B550 or B450/x470 after getting trusted reviews on the processors.

Reactions: mwhines5
Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Definitely! Thanks a lot :). When it comes out, would I get a x570? or a b550 or what ever its called?

Either should be fine. Most importantly is to get a 5xx board designed for zen2 with no restrictions especially vrms.

People whom have 3xx/4xx boards already need to update their bios. It'll be awhile before motherboard stocks of previous gens have the updated bios to run these new cpus.

Reactions: mwhines5