Question [ryzen 3700] Worth it replacing Cryorig H7 with Noctua D15s? Question about vcore

juliolu

Commendable
Jul 1, 2017
Hello all. By replacing Cryorig H7 with D15s will make a difference? Will worth it? Usually cryorig H7 works well, however when im playing VR (htc vive), the temps will reach 75~79°C, should I be worried? The chipset temps is around of 65. I saw that ryzen 3000 has a higher vcore, in mine i left everything in auto/ BIOS standard and sometimes reaches 1.5. Or there are a way to set below 1.4? If yes, how?

Using a ryzen 3700x, x570 tuf gaming, 2x8 xpg adata with OC in 3000 mhz.

Thanks.

It's perfectly normal for 3700x temps to reach 75-79C under load, so no reason to worry. I'd start being concerned about better cooling if temps ran into the upper 80's. But the thing is, this is with an appropriately heavy processing load hitting all cores. It's suggested to run a real-world stress test, something like GeekBench or RealBench, to see if temps are staying in safe range as they will put it under a proper load.

It's also designed by AMD to hit up to 1.5V when boosting in 'light bursty' loads, as AMD puts it. I would not try lowering VCore as it would be far more likely to end up hurting performance.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS