Question Ryzen 3700x and msi b450 mobo

jsal3227

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
I recently upgraded feom a 2600 to a 3700x. I have a MSI b450 gaming plus mobo.. updated bios drivers and all...the cpu boosts up to 4.2 sometimes hits 4.3....but i cannot make it hit 4.4 or any higher...i do any kind of changes and it wont post and i have to clear CMOS. Anyone that can give me some guiadance?? Im not super great at OC..i even used the msi command center and got it to 4.4 but as soon as i minimized it it would crash...i am using a liquid cooler...could the b450 not be capable of OC this cpu?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The Gaming Plus should be fine for 4.4Ghz. I wouldn't expect it to boost beyond that, but stock ops and all-core should be doable.

Set to stock ops, and monitor in RyzenMaster. How does TDP etc look? Is there still headroom? I'm assuming there is temperature headroom.

jsal3227

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
The Gaming Plus should be fine for 4.4Ghz. I wouldn't expect it to boost beyond that, but stock ops and all-core should be doable.

Set to stock ops, and monitor in RyzenMaster. How does TDP etc look? Is there still headroom? I'm assuming there is temperature headroom.

Plenty of room both power and temp...all ive been able to do is put it on gsme boost which locks me at 4199mhz ..i was able to set voltage to 1.35 since without even touching anything after reseting cmos voltage was 1.5.......if i move ratio up it wont boot..if i try setting it to 4400 on ryzen master and apply test it fails..