[SOLVED] Ryzen 3700x b450 won’t flash bios

Lukasv456

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
So I got a Ryzen 3700x with b450 a pro motherboard and I already setup the cpu with fan and graphics card all up and decided to flash the bios and it’s a Sandisk on fat32 and plugged in the right spot and renamed MSI.ROM but every time I press the flash bios button it like starts up my pc and the cpu fan starts glowing and nothing with the red flashbios led glowing at all . Someone please help 🙏🏼

Solution
Im wondering whether it matters if cpu is installed before doing the update? In manual says it's unnecessary to connect components and just have the psu connected, not sure if it's recommended doing it this way or not.

It's either that or it could be the motherboard isn't agreeing with the usb stick, have you tried another stick?. Is msi.rom placed on the usb stick without any folders?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Im wondering whether it matters if cpu is installed before doing the update? In manual says it's unnecessary to connect components and just have the psu connected, not sure if it's recommended doing it this way or not.

It's either that or it could be the motherboard isn't agreeing with the usb stick, have you tried another stick?. Is msi.rom placed on the usb stick without any folders?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS