Question Ryzen 3700x making games crash?

dylza

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
Hi all,
I have recently purchased a ryzen 3700x to upgrade my current system. However upon doing so I have been crashing here and there in a few games where I normally wouldn't. By crash too I mean just freezing the game and taking me back to the desktop no bsods however I did get a major crash in vermintide 2 that required me to hold the power button.

I have only played a few but Warhammer vermintide 2 was crashing about 5 - 10 mins in. As was fortnite. I also tried dota 2 and evil within 2 but they did not crash.

I have done a fresh install of windows on my ssd however I did not reformat my second hdd where my games are stored (thinking this is possibly the issue).

I'm thinking there could be an issue with the ram as I'm using the same ddr4 kit from my older system. Which here are the specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 7 3700x stock
Cooler:stock
Mobo: Asrock x570 taichi (have not updated bios yet, didn't know if I had to)
Gpu: 1080ti aorus extreme 11g
Memory: corsair vengeance lpx 3200 (currebtly at 2133 base as i thought zmp was giving me issues )
Ssd: we blue 250gb
Hdd: Seagate baraccuda
Psu:evga supernova g2 750w

Also is it alright if the gpu is not at 99% usage when in some game now the gpu will only got to 70 or 80 is it possible the gpu isnt in fully maybe I'm not sure.. Just been used to a cpu bottleneck.

Hopefully this is enough information
Thanks for any advice..

Last edited:

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I would definitely update the BIOS first, can solve instability issues.

A secondary hard drive shouldn't have to be reformatted for any reason.

Anything else that's happening in the games before the crash, or just a direct crash out of no where?

Temps okay?

dylza

Prominent
Nov 10, 2018
I would definitely update the BIOS first, can solve instability issues.

A secondary hard drive shouldn't have to be reformatted for any reason.

Anything else that's happening in the games before the crash, or just a direct crash out of no where?

Temps okay?

Yeah the crashes seem sort of random when they happen its nothing thats repeatable to force it to crash. With the stock Cooler cpu temps seem to be in the 70s while gaming and 40ish idle