Question Ryzen 3700x - New Build Problem.

Sep 27, 2019
Hello

i just got my build's parts and i did connect everything just fine BUT when i click the power button of my case here is what happens:
- the fans start to work super fast and the MOBO shows CPU RED LIGHT and stays that way
to run the PC i need to click RESET button on my case then:
- the fans go super fast (more than before) and after 2 seconds it goes back to normal RPM and the PC works fine.

i don't know if someone experienced this with AMD and can help me out here please?

Thank you

Sep 27, 2019
here is the full specs
SPECS.png

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
What BIOS version are you running ?
If you are Not using version 7C37v14, you should update it to this latest version tha thas AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA in it.

That RAM kit is compatible with your MB:
So that's good.

Do you have the XMP profile enabled for your RAM (so it runs at 3600 ) ?
If so I would set the BIOS to Optimized Default settings and Reboot, then try setting the RAM XMP but with the Memory Frequency set to 3200,
If that boots properly change the memory Frequency to 3333.
Then if that works try 3400 and if that works try 3533 then finally 3600.
That process is sometimes needed to Train your BIOS to properly recognize your RAM at high speeds.
Leave the FClock set on Auto during all these changes.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019
i'm not using XMP nor Overclock profile everything is set to default.
it only boots properly when i click RESET button of my case (i'm uploading a video for you to see the whole problem & thank u so much for your time bro)

Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
That is an issue with your BIOS version from MSI.
I can't remember who made a video of that issue but it was on youtube and seems to be fairly common with MSI X570 motherboards.
Sadly (as far as I know) all you can do is wait for MSI to release a BIOS update that fixes that cold boot problem.

EDIT
Here's the Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdxyTWSeRx4&t=765s

Sep 27, 2019
here is the info on my BIOS (i found there are 4 bios updated released after the one i have flashed on my MB. the one installed released on JUNE and they released 4 other BIOS updates)

IMG-20190927-160344.jpg

is it ok to flash it even if i don't have the Jumpers to reset CMOS in case something happened?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Reactions: digitalgriffin

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I personally recommend that you follow these steps to clear the CMOS:
  • Unplug the PC (PSU).
  • Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
  • Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (JBAT1) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
  • Plug the PC back in.
  • Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
  • Repeatedly tap the DEL key
  • A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
  • Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
  • Save and exit the BIOS.
  • Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

Reactions: xipox
That is an issue with your BIOS version from MSI.
I can't remember who made a video of that issue but it was on youtube and seems to be fairly common with MSI X570 motherboards.
Sadly (as far as I know) all you can do is wait for MSI to release a BIOS update that fixes that cold boot problem.

EDIT
Here's the Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdxyTWSeRx4&t=765s

Lol, just to keep things up to date, it seems it was an issue with some pre-market (or whatever the term is) motherboard samples that Jay (and many other reviewers) got from MSI. This not ready to sell to the public mobos were sent to them prior to Ryzen 3xxx launch date so they could to have the reviews ready to go online as soon as embargo was done, up, finish (fill with the right term here too).

Heres Jay explaining what happend:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oiv4WVn5M

Also Hardware Unboxed did a video explainig what happend to Jay:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQTOkshYPoQ

Sep 27, 2019
I personally recommend that you follow these steps to clear the CMOS:
  • Unplug the PC (PSU).
  • Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
  • Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (JBAT1) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
  • Plug the PC back in.
  • Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
  • Repeatedly tap the DEL key
  • A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
  • Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
  • Save and exit the BIOS.
  • Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

Bro, seems like you are using the same CPU on your PC, i want to ask u 2 things:
- does your pc need 15 sec just to show something on monitor (MSI LOGO in my case) / because my MB as you can see check things twice before it loads anything and send signal to Monitor...

- how many seconds until you see the Windows Desktop (in my case it take like 27 seconds from the time i push the POWER BUTTON)

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Bro, seems like you are using the same CPU on your PC, i want to ask u 2 things:
- does your pc need 15 sec just to show something on monitor (MSI LOGO in my case) / because my MB as you can see check things twice before it loads anything and send signal to Monitor...

- how many seconds until you see the Windows Desktop (in my case it take like 27 seconds from the time i push the POWER BUTTON)
My Asus MB, shows a Black screen with a cursor in the upper left side for about 10 to 15 seconds.
And yes it takes about 30 seconds to get all the way to Windows.

That is definitely still an issue with these new BIOS versions that support the 3000 series CPUs.
I had a 2600 on this same MB and it only took about 10 to 15 seconds to get into Windows before I upgraded to a new BIOS and the 3700x.

Hopefully it will get fixed eventually.

Reactions: xipox
Sep 27, 2019
it feels ok that it's not just mine :/
because my MB tries to detect the Graphic card/CPU & RAM.. twice before it stars and that takes 15 seconds.
Thank you so much bro