[SOLVED] Ryzen 3700X or 5600X

Montini

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
I'm getting the parts to build a new PC and I need help to make up my mind whether I should buy the 3700x or the 5600X.

There will be no gaming, just everyday office use with some photo editing and possibly some video editing.

It will be sitting on a X570 motherboard with 32 GB of Ram.

The 3700X is available now, but I can wait for the 5600x if I need to.

Or maybe I should go with the 3600 and spend the $100 savings on something else.

All suggestions will be appreciated.

Solution
The state of affordable CPU performance is so high right now even two generation old parts (Ryzen 2700X) would still be very good for your use case. Sacrificing 5-15 sec's on a video rendering isn't really going to matter that much if you can get one at significant savings and it will be completely unnoticeable in your everyday office use.
I'm getting the parts to build a new PC and I need help to make up my mind whether I should buy the 3700x or the 5600X.

There will be no gaming, just everyday office use with some photo editing and possibly some video editing.

It will be sitting on a X570 motherboard with 32 GB of Ram.

The 3700X is available now, but I can wait for the 5600x if I need to.

Or maybe I should go with the 3600 and spend the $100 savings on something else.

All suggestions will be appreciated.
Hello there!
As you won't gaming but use it for photo/video editing so I'm gonna recommend you to get a 3700x

The state of affordable CPU performance is so high right now even two generation old parts (Ryzen 2700X) would still be very good for your use case. Sacrificing 5-15 sec's on a video rendering isn't really going to matter that much if you can get one at significant savings and it will be completely unnoticeable in your everyday office use.

Solution