Question Ryzen 3700X stuck on boost/high frequency after gaming, gets back to idle speed only after launching Ryzen Master?

Sep 6, 2022
Hey everyone,

That's new for me, not sure why it happens.
I'm on the latest C7H bios (4901) with the latest chipset drivers.

I keep noticing that every time I end a Dota 2 session, I keep hearing the fans spinning fast. Checked HWinfo, and CPU showed a temp of ~60c (close to its load/gaming temp). When I launched Ryzen Master it straight up dropped back to ~39c and everything became quiet again.

I did update the bios about a week ago, but I'm not sure this problem actually started then. PBO off too. Also using the latest Ryzen Balanced power plan, on Windows 11.

Here's how it looks @ idle.

P70CuZD.png

Thanks!

Last edited:
I keep noticing that every time I end a Dota 2 session, I keep hearing the fans spinning fast. Checked HWinfo, and CPU showed a temp of ~60c (close to its load/gaming temp). When I launched Ryzen Master it straight up dropped back to ~39c and everything became quiet again.
Just running at a high clock won't raise temp enough to keep fans running fast...there also has to be a process hitting the CPU hard. Have you run taskmanager to check what might be hitting the CPU? Do that, of course, only before opening Ryzenmaster.

FYI, I'd uninstall RM. It's service can cause problems on it's own even without running RM itself. If you use it to overclock do it in BIOS instead using the settings you've determined work with RM.

TRENDING THREADS