savvth01

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
Hello,so i finished my new PC which has Ryzen 7 3700x 16gb ddr4 rtx 2070 super etc. i use my cpu with a stock cooler.. when i am using only google chrome watching twitch or youtube the cpu is about 45C-55C temperature. my old pc i used to have,had really lower temperatures.. and that had me thinking if thats normal for this proccesor or not... my old CPU was Ryzen 5 1400 i know its and older one but since im a noob at PC i just wanna clarify things and make sure nothing is wrong with my rig.Also except from the stock cooler i am only running one fan in my PC currently but for SURE i will get a lot more in there in the very near future.happy to hear your thoughts on this.. thanks!

It would be good to be about 10c lower but with one case fan you're about where I'd expect it to be operating.

A word of advice though...if you're gaming or running something that hits all of the cores for any more than a few minutes you should probably take the side panel off your case until you get proper airflow.
Nailed it. You have a higher end CPU, it’s gonna run hotter. Need more case fans. Minimum of 2 in and 1 out.

Reactions: DMAN999

savvth01

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
It would be good to be about 10c lower but with one case fan you're about where I'd expect it to be operating.

A word of advice though...if you're gaming or running something that hits all of the cores for any more than a few minutes you should probably take the side panel off your case until you get proper airflow.
Nailed it. You have a higher end CPU, it’s gonna run hotter. Need more case fans. Minimum of 2 in and 1 out.

i have to add in that the only game i have tested is CS:GO and CPU is about 58-62C and GPU is about 50C. i will add more fans but you think thats a fair amount of temperature im getting at the time yeah? i shouldnt worry or something? thanks for your replies!

i have to add in that the only game i have tested is CS:GO and CPU is about 58-62C and GPU is about 50C. i will add more fans but you think thats a fair amount of temperature im getting at the time yeah? i shouldnt worry or something? thanks for your replies!

Don't be concerned. It sounds like the temps are as expected considering the low amount of airflow...gaming usually hits the GPU temps much harder than the CPU, but it depends on the title. CS:GO is not very CPU or even GPU demanding...I think if you run some Cinebench R20 loops for a few minutes you'll likely get much higher CPU temps. There's no question in my mind that one case fan is unacceptable with a 3700x.

savvth01

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
Don't be concerned. It sounds like the temps are as expected considering the low amount of airflow...gaming usually hits the GPU temps much harder than the CPU, but it depends on the title. CS:GO is not very CPU or even GPU demanding...I think if you run some Cinebench R20 loops for a few minutes you'll likely get much higher CPU temps. There's no question in my mind that one case fan is unacceptable with a 3700x.

i just got 2 more fans.. i will run some more games like PUBG and stuff and see if there is any improvements... i have 3 fans in total now but will get 2 more for sure so it will be maxed out

Reactions: bmockeg and dorsai

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Try this... Go to Control Panel, Power Options and select Power Saver. The CPU temps should drop to the 35 degree range. What this does is drop t he voltage to the CPU from the current 1.4 volts to 0.9 volts which will drop the CPU temps accordingly.

When the PC needs more power, the CPU speed will ramp up as needed, but it will try to reduce the CPU speed whenever possible.

What I do is use the PC in Power Saver mode and when i know I need full performance, I change the Power Options to AMD High Performance...

savvth01

Commendable
Aug 26, 2018
Hi everyone.. as said above i tried PUBG and the temperatures are like 60-65ish with the 3 fans. is that a good amount of C or not ?

EDIT : i saw someone with the same "problem" as mine with the Ryzen 3700x temperatures... some people said that setting the fan curves in BioS might help.. what exactly is that?

Last edited: