Distinguished
Jan 6, 2016
so my rig as of right now is :

Ryzen 7 3700x
Aorus x570 pro
2 x 8gb corsair 3200mhz
Corsair CW-9060025-WW Hydro Series H100i V2

so i have 3 questions

1. is it normal for the CPU Vcore to sit around 1.42 V while gaming , OR watching a youtube video ? seems kind of high just watching a video :/
  2. my cpu hits around 65oC while gaming , and around 55oC watching a video , the room temp is around 21oC
  3. I have icue that controls my fans and pump , i have found when it running , and noting else it makes my cpu Vcore jump to 1.4 V and it never comes down , if i close it it drops to around 1.1 or less sometimes hit 0.9V , is this a known problem ? is it safe to close it down all together ? or will that stop how my fans and pump work ?

Thanks very much.

Solution

Ryzen 7 3700x
Aorus x570 pro
2 x 8gb corsair 3200mhz

so i have 3 questions

1. is it normal for the CPU Vcore to sit around 1.42 V while gaming , OR watching a youtube video ? seems kind of high just watching a video :/
  2. my cpu hits around 65oC while gaming , and around 55oC watching a video , the room temp is around 21oC
  3. I have icue that controls my fans and pump , i have found when it running , and noting else it makes my cpu Vcore jump to 1.4 V and it never comes down , if i close it it drops to around 1.1 or less sometimes hit 0.9V , is this a known problem ? is it safe to close it down all together ? or will that stop how my fans and pump work...

Ryzen 7 3700x
Aorus x570 pro
2 x 8gb corsair 3200mhz

so i have 3 questions

3. I have icue that controls my fans and pump , i have found when it running , and noting else it makes my cpu Vcore jump to 1.4 V and it never comes down , if i close it it drops to around 1.1 or less sometimes hit 0.9V , is this a known problem ? is it safe to close it down all together ? or will that stop how my fans and pump work ?
Thanks very much.
It's all perfectly safe. Depending on SW used for monitoring only highest voltage and temps on highest utilized core is reported, doesn't mean that whole CPU is at those values.
Set Minimum CPU in Ryzen or other Power Sawing Plan to 5% and it should drop voltage and temps considerably when in (near) idle state.

Solution