[SOLVED] Ryzen 3700x with ASUS ROG Crosshair VII HERO

Apr 17, 2020
Hello, just wondering I got the Ryzen 3700x and the motherboard I got is the ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero. The socket in it is the correct AM4 but it says gen 1, I was wondering if they will still work together. Thank you in advance

Solution
Ok sorry if this is dumb, but should I download the bios on just the motherboard first without putting the Ryzen 3700x first or should I fully assemble my pc back together then update bios. I ask this because I’m taking out my old motherboard and cpu for these two new ones. Still confused on the steps

The New motherboard needs to be bios updated by using cpu or pen drive before the Ryzen 3700x gets placed inside the motherboard! ASUS website tells you how to do bios update without CPU Or what you can do is to get an motherboard that been desgined for that CPU like ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO because it ready for 3rd gen and 2nd gen...
Apr 17, 2020
Ok sorry if this is dumb, but should I download the bios on just the motherboard first without putting the Ryzen 3700x first or should I fully assemble my pc back together then update bios. I ask this because I’m taking out my old motherboard and cpu for these two new ones. Still confused on the steps

The New motherboard needs to be bios updated by using cpu or pen drive before the Ryzen 3700x gets placed inside the motherboard! ASUS website tells you how to do bios update without CPU Or what you can do is to get an motherboard that been desgined for that CPU like ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO because it ready for 3rd gen and 2nd gen!

https://rog.asus.com/technology/republic-of-gamers-motherboard-innovations/usb-bios-flashback/

Last edited:
Solution