[SOLVED] Ryzen 3700x wraith prysm temp- 80-95

Jan 3, 2020
I'm using the stock cooler wraith prysm with my 3700x. when I'm playing/idle the ten of my cpu can reach 85-95 C (stats from ryzen master).
Is it OK? I'm touching my metal case and he is very hot! BTW the man who built my cpu said he puts me liquid metal. maybe he putted the liquid metal wrong? what can I do please help me, the cpu reaches 95C and that's a new cpu.. only 2 months ago I bought it....
Is there a way to OC the stock cooler?
EDIT: When I'm idle the temps are 75C.
BTW I bought a new MB, B450 m, I did a clean Install for windows.

Solution
what is PBO and how I enable it?
I saw in youtube that liquid metal need to be inside the cpu, maybe the builder put it outside between the cpu and the cooler?
PBO is Precision Boost Overdrive, it’s like an automatic overclocking/boosting specifically for Ryzen and it’s actually very good. Don’t switch it on until you get the temperature under control. I recommend you Google it so you understand fully what it is, there are lots of reviews that cover PBO.

Liquid metal can be used when de-lidding (internal) to the cpu but is can also be used for applying the cooler so no problem there.
That’s way to hot unless overclocked. With PBO enabled my 3700x didn’t go over 82c with stock cooler and I think idle was <40c. As this was built for you and assuming you have not overclocked it I’d talk to the builder, I’d hope they offer some guarantee of their work.

Jan 3, 2020
That’s way to hot unless overclocked. With PBO enabled my 3700x didn’t go over 82c with stock cooler and I think idle was <40c. As this was built for you and assuming you have not overclocked it I’d talk to the builder, I’d hope they offer some guarantee of their work.
I saw in youtube that liquid metal need to be inside the cpu, maybe the builder put it outside between the cpu and the cooler?

PBO is Precision Boost Overdrive, it’s like an automatic overclocking/boosting specifically for Ryzen and it’s actually very good. Don’t switch it on until you get the temperature under control. I recommend you Google it so you understand fully what it is, there are lots of reviews that cover PBO.

Liquid metal can be used when de-lidding (internal) to the cpu but is can also be used for applying the cooler so no problem there.

Solution
Jan 3, 2020

What the.... I checked now and my 2 sys fans not working....
I’ll open my pc and I’ll check it.
Maybe that's the problem?

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
3 pin should still work if you plug it into the correct side of the 4 pin ports. Another part of it is the bios should have settings to change between 3/4 pin and dc and pwm

Is the fan switch on high? It may have a high/low switch on it, it's small and hard to see.

Can only be a few things;
  1. Improper thermal paste application, too little or too much
  2. Poor pc case airflow
  3. Cooler not properly mounted.

I have a 3800x and used the Wraith for a while. It would peak at 75C under load in a less than optimal ventilated pc case.

Jan 3, 2020
Is the fan switch on high? It may have a high/low switch on it, it's small and hard to see.

Can only be a few things;
  1. Improper thermal paste application, too little or too much
  2. Poor pc case airflow
  3. Cooler not properly mounted.
I have a 3800x and used the Wraith for a while. It would peak at 75C under load in a less than optimal ventilated pc case.
How can I switch it to high? From bios? And my case fans are not working.