[SOLVED] Ryzen 3800x to a 3900x ?

richdot

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
Can do the change for around £90, is it worth it. I stream and game. my motherboard is a Asus ROG Strix B550-F

Solution
So for £90 then you guys are saying don't change to the 3900x even though it may last me longer because extra cores and threads?

With your use you won't be using 60% of the capability of your current cpu.

So while the 3900x with the extra cores and threads is unarguably better its not going to make one iota difference to your performance at the moment or in the foreseeable future.

If you really have £90 burning a hole in your pocket that you can't wait to spend then there's no reason not to swap for the 3900x.

Theres also no practical reason to actually swap them either though.

Also bear in mind the 3900x honestly requires a better cooler than the wraith prism, it's barely capable of managing that cpu.
Well it would really depend on a game. ~30% of them will benefit from this, and you will definitely see a difference if you edit some of them, not going live all the time.
Check online on games that you want to use if they see performance uplift beyond 8 cores.

Lutfij

Titan
If it's for merely gaming, then you're fine with the 3800x. Moreover can you state if the system has been built or you're just going to replace the CPU for a build that you've received a quotation for...? List the specs to your build so we know you could spend that money elsewhere in the build.

Reactions: Turtle Rig

richdot

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
recently built
3800x
Asus ROG Strix B550-F
MSI rtx 2070 super trio gaming
16gb corsair 3600mhz
m2 ssd wd blue.

mainly play warzone, counter strike,destiny, bit of valorant

richdot

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
If it's for merely gaming, then you're fine with the 3800x. Moreover can you state if the system has been built or you're just going to replace the CPU for a build that you've received a quotation for...? List the specs to your build so we know you could spend that money elsewhere in the build.
recently built
3800x
Asus ROG Strix B550-F
MSI rtx 2070 super trio gaming
16gb corsair 3600mhz
m2 ssd wd blue.

mainly play warzone, counter strike,destiny, bit of valorant

So for £90 then you guys are saying don't change to the 3900x even though it may last me longer because extra cores and threads?

So while the 3900x with the extra cores and threads is unarguably better its not going to make one iota difference to your performance at the moment or in the foreseeable future.

If you really have £90 burning a hole in your pocket that you can't wait to spend then there's no reason not to swap for the 3900x.

Also bear in mind the 3900x honestly requires a better cooler than the wraith prism, it's barely capable of managing that cpu.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Keep your current rig as you would be waisting money my friend. You might see 5fps or 10fps more and it simply isn't worth it. You have a powerful CPU and is adequeate for gaming without FPS loss due to CPU overhead and your video card is rock solid. Save your money for something else like a SSD or a video card down the line and sell yours and what not.;)

richdot

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015

Hmm ok the cooler i have a corsair h110 rgb

With streaming on twitch then will it make a big difference between the 3800x and the 3900x?

TRENDING THREADS