[SOLVED] Ryzen 3900x - Are these numbers normal?!

Nov 13, 2019
Just for some extended ease of mind. Those high temps you are seeing are spikes. They happen for milliseconds at a time, and only a few cores are seeing those temps at a time. So not all cores are sitting at those temps constantly. These CPUs are dynamic, and its one of their natural characteristics. A bit worrisome at first, but its quite normal.

Yeah, that's how Ryzen works. My 3700X hangs out at 1.5V and then drops down to 1.3 or so under load. The extra voltage helps single-core hit higher frequencies without overheating, but that voltage under full load would get too hot.

cascoh

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
@M3rKn Good to hear nothing is wrong! I never seen those type of temps on a CPU before so I was a bit worries. I should invest in a water cooler in the future to keep this beast cool when doing high loads.

Reactions: M3rKn

Zizo007

Notable
Feb 23, 2019
@MrN1ce9uy I did a 16 Hour Stress test with Prime95 had a max of 90c.. I wasnt sure how long since I was at work but id never seen anything like that in any of my CPUs
Prime95 puts an unrealistic load on the CPU, it will use more than its TDP. I am sure you are under 85C when gaming and doing other intensive tasks. There is nothing to worry about.

Nov 13, 2019
Just for some extended ease of mind. Those high temps you are seeing are spikes. They happen for milliseconds at a time, and only a few cores are seeing those temps at a time. So not all cores are sitting at those temps constantly. These CPUs are dynamic, and its one of their natural characteristics. A bit worrisome at first, but its quite normal.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS