Question Ryzen 3900x hitting 1.4V+ stock?

Oxicoi

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
I know I recently made a thread about if I should leave the 3900x at stock or overclock it and I decided to go with stock settings as single core can go very high in speed.

However, I noticed when doing cinebench, ryzen master shows voltage of 1.403 Volts, which is insanely unsafe with the architecture the 3900x has. I do use my computer 24/7, it is kept on all night, and it is restarted here and there (not really as I use an automated memory cleaner).

I did set the voltage to 1.25V on the BIOS, but it seems it wants to go over that by 1.5 mV. Any clue on how to fix this? Should I even be worried if temps are below 80 Celsius?

I know I recently made a thread about if I should leave the 3900x at stock or overclock it and I decided to go with stock settings as single core can go very high in speed.

However, I noticed when doing cinebench, ryzen master shows voltage of 1.403 Volts, which is insanely unsafe with the architecture the 3900x has. I do use my computer 24/7, it is kept on all night, and it is restarted here and there (not really as I use an automated memory cleaner).

I did set the voltage to 1.25V on the BIOS, but it seems it wants to go over that by 1.5 mV. Any clue on how to fix this? Should I even be worried if temps are below 80 Celsius?
1.4v is not "insanely unsafe" for any Ryzen but it's mostly BIOS fault, try to keep it down with negative voltage offset.

It would be helpful if you told us what motherboard you're running...1.4v is not unusual or unsafe as long as temps are kept low. Cheaper motherboards with poor quality VRMs are more likely to push higher volts than needed on a quality board to maintain stability. You can try fiddling with the voltage droop settings on your board and the negative offset setting as CountMike suggested above.

You're fine.

Oxicoi

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
It would be helpful if you told us what motherboard you're running...1.4v is not unusual or unsafe as long as temps are kept low. Cheaper motherboards with poor quality VRMs are more likely to push higher volts than needed on a quality board to maintain stability. You can try fiddling with the voltage droop settings on your board and the negative offset setting as CountMike suggested above.
Strix x570-e, which shouldn't be a problem.

Temps with Cinebench R20 never go above 70 Celsius on multi-thread, below 50 Celsius on Single.

Make sure you're on latest BIOS. If you are, please set BIOS to defaults and enable XMP. See what happens.
I'm on the latest.

1.4v is not "insanely unsafe" for any Ryzen but it's mostly BIOS fault, try to keep it down with negative voltage offset.
Offset instead of manual? Why is that?

alexbirdie

Respectable
Looks OK for me.

But you can try negative voltage offset in the BIOS .
starting with -0.1 ---OK and no issues--->keep it
if NOK --->try 0.075 and then like above
if NOK---> try 0.05 ---> should work with every MB and CPU

I for my own am using -0.1 for my 3950x ---> works quite well

beorn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Mine 3900x is perfectly stable and fine with -0.1 vcore offset. I don't think you're really getting 1.4v+ unless your bios aren't updated. I'd check cinebench multicore while looking at voltage only in cpuz. And try that offset of -0.1 or whatever is the sweet spot for your particular chip

darrenz

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Mine 3900x is perfectly stable and fine with -0.1 vcore offset. I don't think you're really getting 1.4v+ unless your bios aren't updated. I'd check cinebench multicore while looking at voltage only in cpuz. And try that offset of -0.1 or whatever is the sweet spot for your particular chip
What temps are you getting on that - 0.1v offset? I tried that but I'm around 43C-50C at most when idle and its no difference when at stock :(.