[SOLVED] Ryzen 3900x on Asus PRIME X370-PRO

Oct 4, 2019
Does anyone have or know about this mobo and processor how they preform together in matter of stability and temps of VRM ? I am manly doing 3d modeling and rendering work and the new X570 is a bit pricey at the moment,
So does this mobo will do me any good or it will die in the first long rendering session!?
does any X470 will do me better than this one? Thanks for your help.

Solution
As far as temps go, you should be absolutely fine. You'll need to have another chip on hand in order to do a BIOS update if it's a new unit most likely. AMD does not offer the boot kit for 300 series motherboards, so you'd need to have a friend with a Ryzen 1000 series chip or buy a 1000 series chip and then return it. I'd reccomend getting a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard that supports 3000 series out of the box if you don't need all of the features on the X370 board but want to save a bit of money. The Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus board is a good budget option that I have that works really well too.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
As far as temps go, you should be absolutely fine. You'll need to have another chip on hand in order to do a BIOS update if it's a new unit most likely. AMD does not offer the boot kit for 300 series motherboards, so you'd need to have a friend with a Ryzen 1000 series chip or buy a 1000 series chip and then return it. I'd reccomend getting a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard that supports 3000 series out of the box if you don't need all of the features on the X370 board but want to save a bit of money. The Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus board is a good budget option that I have that works really well too.

Reactions: MoSaber
Solution
Oct 4, 2019
Thank you for your reply the MSI B450 sounds a good board but unfortunately does not support SLI and I have tow NVIDIA cards working on SLI

Does anyone have or know about this mobo and processor how they preform together in matter of stability and temps of VRM ? I am manly doing 3d modeling and rendering work and the new X570 is a bit pricey at the moment,
So does this mobo will do me any good or it will die in the first long rendering session!?
does any X470 will do me better than this one? Thanks for your help.
Asus Prime x470 pro is practically ideal although x370 would work too but it's memory management is not as good. If you want 3600MHz + RAM x470 is much better choice. VRM is nothing worse than cheaper x570 MBs, no worries there.

Reactions: MoSaber