[SOLVED] Ryzen 3900xt idle temperatures

Jul 17, 2020
Hi all!
I recently changed my rug from an old but trustworthy 4770k to AMD 3900xt/ Aorus Master x570 with z73 AIO from NZXT (removed thermal paste and applied liquid metal Conductonaut)
I am observing temperatures of 50-55-60 Celsius on idle (1-2% loads)
Is this normal with AMD or do I need to recheck my AIO interface with the AMD IHS??
Thanks for any reply!

Solution
Hi all!
I recently changed my rug from an old but trustworthy 4770k to AMD 3900xt/ Aorus Master x570 with z73 AIO from NZXT (removed thermal paste and applied liquid metal Conductonaut)
Is this normal with AMD or do I need to recheck my AIO interface with the AMD IHS??
Thanks for any reply!
Too high depending on ambient temperature, shouldn't be more than 10c above ambient.
Hi all!
Thanks for any reply!
Too high depending on ambient temperature, shouldn't be more than 10c above ambient.

Reactions: Johnny E
Solution
Jul 17, 2020
Why?
That's to be used BENEATH the IHS, not on top of it...
Look up liquid metal and chemical reactions.
I was under the impression that its better than thermal grease (thermally speaking) hence i have been using it for some time with my other rig as well and never had any problems to be honest. I do know about problems corroding etc but my plate is copper and the ihs is nickel plated copper.
I am abit confused now:))

thank you for the reply !

I was under the impression that its better than thermal grease (thermally speaking) hence i have been using it for some time with my other rig as well and never had any problems to be honest. I do know about problems corroding etc but my plate is copper and the ihs is nickel plated copper.
I am abit confused now:))

thank you for the reply !
This is the problem with those compounds. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_(chemistry)