Question Ryzen 3rd Gen Chipset Update will address most the currently issues?

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Should probably keep all drivers as updated as possible.
This seem only fix some ramp up issue on these 3rd Gen Processors.
  1. Idle power
  2. CPU behavior on light application
  3. Destiny 2
I wonder if the fixed RAMP UP issue would also address the high chipset fan volume cause by the ramp up?

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Pretty sure they ramp up in games and in needed applications the update was released to prevent issues from happening which you will probs encounter if you don't update.
Pretty sure they ramp up in games and in needed applications the update was released to prevent issues from happening which you will probs encounter if you don't update.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14688/amd-releases-new-chipset-drivers-for-ryzen-3000-more-relaved-cppc2-upscaling
I mean the Destiny 2 issue should of been fixed by the developer. I think its better to add the the Ryzen 3rd Gen Power Plan only instead.

Anandtech noted

People have reported performance degradations with the new driver. These degradations have nothing to do with the new power plan / idle behaviour; it's more likely that this is caused by the temporary workaround for the RDRAND (Destiny 2) issues. One can maintain the original performance with the new Balanced power plan idle behaviour by simply selectively installing the new 5.0.0.0 power plan on top of the 07.07 chipset driver release.

Last edited:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14688/amd-releases-new-chipset-drivers-for-ryzen-3000-more-relaved-cppc2-upscaling
I mean the Destiny 2 issue should of been fixed by the developer. I think its better to add the the Ryzen 3rd Gen Power Plan only instead.

Anandtech noted

People have reported performance degradations with the new driver. These degradations have nothing to do with the new power plan / idle behaviour; it's more likely that this is caused by the temporary workaround for the RDRAND (Destiny 2) issues. One can maintain the original performance with the new Balanced power plan idle behaviour by simply selectively installing the new 5.0.0.0 power plan on top of the 07.07 chipset driver release.
Again tho other issues could be found which is why it's better safe rather than sorry.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
maybe.

Updates generally are a good thing. Im not sure why you would consider not updating it.
Again tho other issues could be found which is why it's better safe rather than sorry.
AMD thinks its necessary lol
Its well known that the X570 chipsets run quite a bit hotter than previous ones. One solution is to look into better after market cooling, I doubt there is much but like the old days when north bridges still existed and had after market cooling I bet some will come out for this.

One thing you can try is disabling hardware acceleration in Edge and Chrome and instead have it use software rendering and see if that makes a difference.
Asrock along other Motherboard Vendors just released a BIOS https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS called Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 ABB.

Will this address additional issues with voltage and ramp up issues?

Or do not update.

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/07/30/community-update-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2
Is it necessary for the July 30th 2019 Ryzen Chipset Driver to be installed ?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X (8 Cores/16 Threads - TDP: 65W)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Necessary for what?

No, it's not necessary for that one at least. It's a 'work-around' fix to enable Destiny 2 to work until the firmware fix comes available to your motherboard. So if you don't play D2 you really don't need it

You might want to install the Ryzen power plans from that chipset driver package though. Not that it's necessary, it just helps with some of the idling issues some people have had and were discussed in that AMD community blog post.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Yes keep your chipset drivers as up to date as possible.

Any weird boosting issues right now is a BIOS/AGESA code issue.
The Motherboard maker just released a bio update for the X570 Motherboards...AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 ABB. ...not installing the bios update unless i know what is being fixed or changed beside a game that i dont play. Do you know?

Any weird boosting issues right now is a BIOS/AGESA code issue.
Depends on what 'weird boosting issues' are being referenced. Everything I've read suggests those quick, short boosts that raise voltage and temperature then ramp back down are inherent to the processors' design and a necessary effect of the processor's boosting algorithm. People should adjust fan curves if they don't like how it makes their fans constantly ramp up and down in speed.

They may be able to do something about getting maximum clock boosts more often, or at least be able to see it on common monitoring applications. I'd like to see that too, but when monitoring programs work on 2000ms intervals and it's constantly dithering it's frequencies on 1ms intervals I'm not sure there will be anything they can do.

When I keep HWInfo open long enough, as I'm clicking and dragging through a long Windows session, then go back to look at "max core ratios" I can see it caught a few boosts to 44.0 (max for a 3700x). But it takes a lot of time to do it since one in 2000 odds are pretty slim.

Last edited:
The Motherboard maker just released a bio update for the X570 Motherboards...AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3 ABB. ...not installing the bios update unless i know what is being fixed or changed beside a game that i dont play. Do you know?

ABB fixes some memory stuff I believe, as that is the primary issue with stability currently. I would google your BIOS, see if other people are doing well or not with it. Then make your own decision from there.

Reactions: valeman2012

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
ABB fixes some memory stuff I believe, as that is the primary issue with stability currently. I would google your BIOS, see if other people are doing well or not with it. Then make your own decision from there.

From what I have read the newest chipset drivers and Ryzen Balanced Power Plan were released to help correct the heat at idle issue.
The new AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB is supposed to help with that as well as improve overall system stability and RAM compatibility with 3000 series CPU's.
This not same problem as Ryzen 1st gen, but more like deep hardware issue for Ryzen 3rd Gen Proccesor? Ryzen just released a newer Chipset Driver for Ryzen 3000 chipsets. I think this chipset driver update supposedly resolve ramp up concerns, but users started to complain about high clock speed on idle and higher temperature?