[SOLVED] Ryzen 3rd gen on X470 INSANE Bios loading screen

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
So today I received my Ryzen 9 3900x, before replacing my 1700x I've made sure that I had the latest bios installed and that I had the bios reset to default. After I booted with the 3900x for the first time I was stuck on the bios loading screen for about 10 minutes. After that i restarted my Pc and currently Im stuck on the bios loading screen for the past hour or so.

Solution
Don't use Hwmonitor. The latest version of HWInfo isn't bad, it's being worked on in conjunction with Amd, but for Ryzens it's only accurate with Ryzen Master right now. Hwmonitor hasn't been updated with new mapping ability in ages.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
Quick update, just as I posted this my PC finally booted into windows, but why is the BIOS loading screen so long? Also I have noticed that when I go into task manager the memory frequency is not showing.

EDIT: CPU temperature isn't showing wither in HWMonitor

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You may need to clear the cmos. Resetting bios will change its stock settings, but the stuff in cmos is a listing of the prior settings/hardware leftover from the last time you shut down windows. Cmos will override/skip bios settings on boot with fastboot enabled.

Reactions: Flame1

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
You may need to clear the cmos. Resetting bios will change its stock settings, but the stuff in cmos is a listing of the prior settings/hardware leftover from the last time you shut down windows. Cmos will override/skip bios settings on boot with fastboot enabled.
Thanks for the suggestion, Im gonna try that right now.

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
Don't use Hwmonitor. The latest version of HWInfo isn't bad, it's being worked on in conjunction with Amd, but for Ryzens it's only accurate with Ryzen Master right now. Hwmonitor hasn't been updated with new mapping ability in ages.
Okay so I've just reset the cmos and the first boot was really fast but I still noticed that memory frequency was missing in task manager, but right after the very first restart Im now stuck on a ridicilously long Bios loading acreen again...

Flame1

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
Normally I'd ask about the ram slots, reseating ram etc, but those are existing and worked prior.

When booting into bios, is the ram listed, with docp etc set for where it should normally be when you had the 1700x working?
Could you please explain that further? Im not very knowledgeable in this :/
However I can say that I tried booting with the XMP profile enabled and it didnt change anything. Apart from that I have all 4 ram sloths on my motherboard occupied, and when I did manage to boot into Windows it did display 32Gb. Just that things like how many out of how many slots are occupied and the frequency itself wasnt there.