[SOLVED] Ryzen 4000 series APU's.

Firstly I have to say my knowledge is severely limited so I wanted to ask about these new processers and their inbuilt graphic capabilities and how they would compare to a 3400G. I understand that the 3400G uses the Zen + architecture and the new APU's are Zen 2. The 4750G is an 8 core 16 thread and has vega 8, the 4650G is 6 core 12 thread and vega 7 and the 4350G is 4 core 8 thread and vega 6. Yet the 3400G is also 4 core 8 thread but has vega 11. Is the vega 8,7 and 6 a 'step down' compared to vega 11? So as the 3400G and 4350G are both quad core and 8 threaded, the 4350G has the better architecture but has vega 6 and the 3400G has vega 11, which in terms of performance is the better processer and why?

Solution
Whether you consider the new Renoir APU better is up to you. AMD is trying to fill a niche in the market, modest graphics performance for a low price.

"Renoir silicon only features 8 Compute Units. Previous generation APUs came with 11 CUs, but AMD has made it very clear that despite fewer CUs on the Renoir lineup, the Graphics performance is still better, thanks to the optimized GPU clock speeds. "

Whether you consider the new Renoir APU better is up to you. AMD is trying to fill a niche in the market, modest graphics performance for a low price.

"Renoir silicon only features 8 Compute Units. Previous generation APUs came with 11 CUs, but AMD has made it very clear that despite fewer CUs on the Renoir lineup, the Graphics performance is still better, thanks to the optimized GPU clock speeds. "

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution